Transfering to University of Texas at Austin Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wannabealonghorn

New

Transfering to University of Texas at Austin

Post by wannabealonghorn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello,

I am interested in transferring to UT Austin.

I just wanted to know if there are any TLSers who actually did transfer to UT Austin or know people who have transferred and if there are, they would be willing to share their experiences. (Where they went for 1L, what their class rank was, etc.)

Also, if you know any information pertaining to transferring to UT Austin, I would appreciate it if you share it here.

I saw from Arrow's thread that UT Austin accepts approximately 15 students.
I just want to know if they favor in-state's (SMU, Baylor, Houston) over out of states.

Finally, when I talked to a Ad-Comm lady, she sounded like UT will only accept students who has "compelling" reason to move to Austin. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!

LawHorn

New

Re: Transfering to University of Texas at Austin

Post by LawHorn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 pm

+1

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 pm

LawHorn wrote:+1
--ImageRemoved--

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 pm

JazzOne wrote:
LawHorn wrote:+1
--ImageRemoved--
FWIW, UT Law rejected that guy, which gives me everlasting pride.

My Con Law class last semester included a 2L who transferred from Houston, but that's all I know.

From what the ad-comm said, I'm guessing they are looking for people who want in to UT for reasons other than simply "it is ranked higher." I'd research some of the clinical programs or any other special program UT that interests you, and play that up. Austin connections, of course, would likely help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”