3.75 at GW; Transfer Opportunities Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Crofton

New

3.75 at GW; Transfer Opportunities

Post by Crofton » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi board. Thanks for contributing to a really helpful site. So I did pretty well my first semester at GW: 3.75 (A, A, A, A-, B+). While class standing has not been announced yet, I am thinking I may have some transfer opportunities.

What do you guys think my shot is at GULC EA?

While it probably makes the most sense for me to stay in DC, what do you all think are my chances at other T14 schools.

Thanks a lot.

dgouzoul

Bronze

Re: 3.75 at GW; Transfer Opportunities

Post by dgouzoul » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 pm

very solid at Georgetown

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Why would you want to transfer when your grades put you near the top of your class?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:07 am

With a 3.8 GPA and likely top 10% class rank at GWU, you should be looking into T10.

Crofton

New

Post by Crofton » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks for those who have responded.

Top 10 would be nice. But I am also sorta tied to the DC area: gf has a job. So transferring out of the region may not be best for me personally, but would like to move up to T14 if possible. A conversation about the costs and benefits of moving will be had for sure.

Anyone else have GW or other top 25 experiences with these numbers? I still don't know class rank yet, but am hoping for top 10%.

Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:19 pm

i would think twice about transferring. GULC wont give you any $$, not sure if GW will give you money to stay, but id think that being in the top10% of GW would get you Biglaw DC. If you transfer to GULC you have 500 people with your same degree and id imagine it would be harder to stand out etc. just something to consider

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Crofton wrote:Thanks for those who have responded.

Top 10 would be nice. But I am also sorta tied to the DC area: gf has a job. So transferring out of the region may not be best for me personally, but would like to move up to T14 if possible. A conversation about the costs and benefits of moving will be had for sure.

Anyone else have GW or other top 25 experiences with these numbers? I still don't know class rank yet, but am hoping for top 10%.

Thanks.
Isn't G dubs 27>?

Crofton

New

Post by Crofton » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for more responses.

Yes, GW is currently 28. I chose to split the range in terms of garnering feedback, as most who have experience transferring from GW have done so in 20-22 rank and the school assures us our ranking will go back up thanks to "steps being taken." Who knows if that is true or not, but I figured 25 was an average.

My thoughts for moving up to GULC would be the national recognition it will bring as opposed to GW. While my gf has a job (that she moved for on account of my law school), neither of us is keen on DC long-term. Since there are a range of potential locations post graduation, I think a T-14 school may create more opportunities for me than remaining at GW.

Currently I have no scholarship, so while I may give up a potential 2L scholarship, I would give up nothing currently.

Thanks for the continued responses.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”