Question about Transferring ED to GULC from PT program Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
iheartlaw

Bronze

Question about Transferring ED to GULC from PT program

Post by iheartlaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey guys,

I have a question. I currently go to a T2 70-80 rank law school. I am also currently a part time student. I just finished my first semester and did pretty well. In the part time program we only take 3 courses our first semester, 2 of which are full 1 year courses so I only received "pencil/shadow" grades for my fall semester and the other which I received a full grade. I have a 4.0 gpa, because the one class we get a grade in, i got an A in. Do you think it is even possible for me to TRY to transfer to GULC Early Decision considering the admissions council only really has 1 full grade they can look at? I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me. Is this even possible? I'm not sure that the admissions council even has enough to work off of...

Arrow

Bronze

Re: Question about Transferring ED to GULC from PT program

Post by Arrow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Wow, I did not even realize we had a transfer forum!

For your numbers, based on past records, you are a shoe in EA at GULC. However, your situation seems a bit unique, since you have one A. Thus, you can apply, but I can see them "deferring you" because you just don't have "enough A's." From a law school perspective, admitting a transfer is hard based on one grade. It could be a fluke and it could be luck, so it is really not something I can imagine GULC doing (but who knows?).

I hope you apply and let us know how it goes, but in all reality, I can't see them logically admitting someone with one grade. But GPA/ranking wise, you can definitely get in.

My advice is you CALL them and ask. If they tell you right off the bat that they probably won't accept people with one grade (since most EA applicants have 3-5 grades), then just wait it out.

Best of luck!

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:51 pm

I believe you need a minimum of 3 grades classes.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:28 pm

I've contacted a ton of people about PT transferring (as I am trying to do so myself) and can never really get any hard evidence. Since transferring numbers are so much less common than admissions (making PT transfers even less common) it just seems like everyone has to find out for themselves. Which sucks. I would really like to find even ONE person who transferred from part-time to the t14 and talk to them about their process, where they applied, numbers, credits, where they got in, the whole deal. That doesn't seem possible though.

If I don't get into Chicago ED though, I will be applying to 8 t14 schools as well as UCLA and USC and will certainly do my best to disseminate all of that information to the TLS world so the wandering PT TLS'ers of the future can feast on it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”