Georgia 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
dagobahdweller

New

Re: Georgia 2013

Post by dagobahdweller » Fri May 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Did anyone else get a cryptic email today asking you to confirm that you whether or not you will attend UGA Law next year?

I heard that "more people than expected" paid the (tiny) $50 seat deposit. What this means, however, remains a bit of a mystery to me.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Fri May 07, 2010 7:10 pm

dagobahdweller wrote:Did anyone else get a cryptic email today asking you to confirm that you whether or not you will attend UGA Law next year?

I heard that "more people than expected" paid the (tiny) $50 seat deposit. What this means, however, remains a bit of a mystery to me.
Got it, filled it out, it took 2 seconds. I don't think there was anything cryptic about it at all.

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 am

dagobahdweller wrote:Did anyone else get a cryptic email today asking you to confirm that you whether or not you will attend UGA Law next year?

I assume what you mean by 'cryptic' is, "how are they going to use this information and why do they want it?"

at least, that was my reaction. is putting "considering" going to make them question me, should I put attend even tho im not sure etc. haha, just my mind playing tricks on me i suppose, i think its just an attempt to weed people out. I'm basically leaning towards, waiting until next year or Georgia, so I hope that that form is not relied on too much by the admissions committee going forward.

dagobahdweller

New

Post by dagobahdweller » Sat May 08, 2010 6:52 pm

I assume what you mean by 'cryptic' is, "how are they going to use this information and why do they want it?"

at least, that was my reaction. is putting "considering" going to make them question me, should I put attend even tho im not sure etc. haha, just my mind playing tricks on me i suppose, i think its just an attempt to weed people out. I'm basically leaning towards, waiting until next year or Georgia, so I hope that that form is not relied on too much by the admissions committee going forward.[/quote]

That is what I meant by 'cryptic'. Filling it out was simple; however, if this is an attempt to "weed people out", it seems to me about as effective as the (tiny) seat deposit.

This suggests a further question; namely, supposing that UGA Law received responses from more people than it expected (wanted?), how bad is this for the school? No doubt the first year sections are a bit larger, but unless they promised more scholarship money than they actually possess, I don't really see how having a large(r) class is a negative. Any thoughts?

MikeRob9485

New

Post by MikeRob9485 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:04 pm

i didn't get this letter, i already paid the second seat deposit so i'm wondering if they just sent them out to those who paid $50

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Sun May 09, 2010 11:40 am

dagobahdweller wrote:
That is what I meant by 'cryptic'. Filling it out was simple; however, if this is an attempt to "weed people out", it seems to me about as effective as the (tiny) seat deposit.

This suggests a further question; namely, supposing that UGA Law received responses from more people than it [strike]expected[/strike] wanted, how bad is this for the school? No doubt the first year sections are a bit larger, but unless they promised more scholarship money than they actually possess, I don't really see how having a large(r) class is a negative. Any thoughts?
This is pretty much the impression I got when I visited. They implied that they were a bit frustrated with everyone that put in the first deposit because they know very well that so many people are putting in two deposits this year.

I heard elsewhere that the LSAC was going to release lists of who does double deposits at the second deadline tho, but im not sure how that would work as different schools have different dates.
Last edited by iShotFirst on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vendetta2

New

Post by vendetta2 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 pm

So how many people put second seat deposits in at UGA? How is it looking for those on the waitlist? Keeping my fingers crossed... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”