NYU Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
pleasemeyou

New

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Post by pleasemeyou » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi,

Where is the FB group?

As someone that lived in NYC 3 years ago and only recently got back to the e. village--All the stuff outside of the union sq., e. village, w. village, les, etc. will be more than 15 mins since it won't be walking distance. From 30 mins up, I guess. Hoboken, at least 3 years ago, wasn't very cool. It was cheap back then. Brooklyn is still seemingly cheap.

Else take care,

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:04 pm

pleasemeyou wrote:Hi,

Where is the FB group?

As someone that lived in NYC 3 years ago and only recently got back to the e. village--All the stuff outside of the union sq., e. village, w. village, les, etc. will be more than 15 mins since it won't be walking distance. From 30 mins up, I guess. Hoboken, at least 3 years ago, wasn't very cool. It was cheap back then. Brooklyn is still seemingly cheap.

Else take care,
I just searched NYU Law Class of 2013 and, presto, there is was!! Thanks for the location advice - I need some insider info. I'm getting way too excited for next year to bother concentrating on finishing everything this year..... alas, back to my essay :(

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:18 pm

pikalove wrote:
pleasemeyou wrote:Hi,

Where is the FB group?

Else take care,
I just searched NYU Law Class of 2013 and, presto, there is was!! Thanks for the location advice - I need some insider info. I'm getting way too excited for next year to bother concentrating on finishing everything this year..... alas, back to my essay :(
Haha same with me. I have so much work to do and I can't stop thinking about NYU - it's distracting. I'm constantly either on the NYU website or reading old NYU posts on this board.

straxen

Bronze

Post by straxen » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:05 pm

ravens20 wrote: Haha same with me. I have so much work to do and I can't stop thinking about NYU - it's distracting. I'm constantly either on the NYU website or reading old NYU posts on this board.
Haha, I know right? I've been slightly checked out mentally at work the last few days, hopefully I can get over that for the next seven months Figure I'd better pop in here as I'm in ED. I'm a bit surprised at the weak showing of NYU in the "Class of 2013" but I suppose there's a bias against applying ED to NYU in the shadow of Columbia.

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 pm

straxen wrote:
ravens20 wrote: Haha same with me. I have so much work to do and I can't stop thinking about NYU - it's distracting. I'm constantly either on the NYU website or reading old NYU posts on this board.
Haha, I know right? I've been slightly checked out mentally at work the last few days, hopefully I can get over that for the next seven months Figure I'd better pop in here as I'm in ED. I'm a bit surprised at the weak showing of NYU in the "Class of 2013" but I suppose there's a bias against applying ED to NYU in the shadow of Columbia.
I know!! Where is our class spirit?? I, for one, am happy I applied ED to NYU as opposed to Columbia. The lay prestige of CLS is not as important to me as the location, spirit and QOL at NYU. I think its gonna be an amazing three years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ihatelaw

Bronze

Post by ihatelaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:33 pm

the following should make everyone feel better f or going ED or choosing NYU over Columbia

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 pm

ihatelaw wrote:the following should make everyone feel better f or going ED or choosing NYU over Columbia

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH.

Cafeteria lady: "Do you want a fork?"
CLS Student: "No thanks, I forgot my wallet at home"

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 am

pikalove wrote:
ihatelaw wrote:the following should make everyone feel better f or going ED or choosing NYU over Columbia

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH.

Cafeteria lady: "Do you want a fork?"
CLS Student: "No thanks, I forgot my wallet at home"
haha....a continuation:

Cafeteria lady: "Oh that's too bad; guess you will have to eat pasta with your hands. Anything else I can do for you?"
CLS Student: "You can join my study group - we don't really understand the law but we could use some free food. I'll need your resume, though, and a history of all meals you've prepared."

pleasemeyou

New

Post by pleasemeyou » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Hmm, I guess I am inept at FB, I found it now. Since I'm somewhat inept at this facebook stuff can someone else spruce it up with pictures and the like? I will make cookies.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jasonportwood

New

Post by jasonportwood » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:11 pm

hey guys,

All-but-committed to NYU 2013, and super excited about it. We do need some more school spirit around here...

I know this has been discussed a lot, but as a NYC resident for past 3 years, I highly recommend spending time in the city exploring the neighborhoods and talking to NYers before making a decision; there's no "right" or "wrong" place to live and obviously it's a highly personal decision. Based on your interests, personalities and needs, I'm sure one could be happy living in probably more than 50 neighborhoods all within decent commuting time of the school and where an affordable deal can be found. I can understand why some recommend living in the dorms for the first year until you get to know the city better - I've been here 3 and I'm still learning every day...

Moving in NYC can also be a traumatic experience unless you can shell out the dough for professional movers or have the most loyal set of friends at your side, so I, for one, am committed to finding a place that will last me 3 years...

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:44 pm

jasonportwood wrote:hey guys,

All-but-committed to NYU 2013, and super excited about it. We do need some more school spirit around here...

I know this has been discussed a lot, but as a NYC resident for past 3 years, I highly recommend spending time in the city exploring the neighborhoods and talking to NYers before making a decision; there's no "right" or "wrong" place to live and obviously it's a highly personal decision. Based on your interests, personalities and needs, I'm sure one could be happy living in probably more than 50 neighborhoods all within decent commuting time of the school and where an affordable deal can be found. I can understand why some recommend living in the dorms for the first year until you get to know the city better - I've been here 3 and I'm still learning every day...

Moving in NYC can also be a traumatic experience unless you can shell out the dough for professional movers or have the most loyal set of friends at your side, so I, for one, am committed to finding a place that will last me 3 years...
Thanks for the advice - I'm gonna have to do a lot of NYC visiting in the spring :D

I just visited the NYU Law buildings yesterday for the first time and loved it. The law library is very inspiring. I pretty much fell in love with the place; it was old and distinguished but also very welcoming and friendly. I definitely made the right choice!!!

Does anyone know when the visiting periods will be next year??

(Also, YAYYYY!!!)

facetious

Bronze

Post by facetious » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:57 pm

in via ED!!! :D

just got my purple envelope today and couldn't be happier to be joining you guys.

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 am

I'll also be joining you guys next year. Wooo!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:50 pm

facetious wrote:in via ED!!! :D

just got my purple envelope today and couldn't be happier to be joining you guys.
kinch wrote:
I'll also be joining you guys next year. Wooo!
Congrats!!!! Join the FB group since its currently pretty lonely.... See you guys next year!!

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:20 pm

For on-campus housing, can you stay there during the summer? Or is it like a college dorm where you're going to have to move out at the end of the year and back in at the beginning?

I am so excited to have that purple envelope!

23fulltimecowboys

New

Post by 23fulltimecowboys » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:19 am

so psyched

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Wow, this thread be dead.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sikwitt

New

Post by sikwitt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Just found out I'm in too. Very excited to learn more and possibly attend. Seems like a sweet place to attend, albeit expensive

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Last edited by blue5385 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Has anyone else signed up for NYU's ASW? I am signed up for March 4 and 5!

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:04 am

lsathalon wrote:Has anyone else signed up for NYU's ASW? I am signed up for March 4 and 5!
Yea me too...see you there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 am

ravens20 wrote:
lsathalon wrote:Has anyone else signed up for NYU's ASW? I am signed up for March 4 and 5!

Have you picked where you're staying? NYU doesn't seem to recommend a particular hotel. My main concern is getting back to my hotel safely after we go out in Greenwich village on Thursday night!

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:23 pm

-
Last edited by Veyron on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 pm

lsathalon wrote:
ravens20 wrote:

Have you picked where you're staying? NYU doesn't seem to recommend a particular hotel. My main concern is getting back to my hotel safely after we go out in Greenwich village on Thursday night!
Well my parents live in NJ so I'm planning to just crash there. But Manhattan is very safe and most areas in New York City are adequately safe. Transportation also shouldn't be a problem...the subway system goes practically everywhere. So don't worry...just stay some place around Manhattan or even Brooklyn and you should be ok (even in an excessively inebriated state).

straxen

Bronze

Post by straxen » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:14 am

+1 for March 4th/5th...now to find a way to get out of work on those days.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”