UCLA Law Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
mbv

New

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2013

Post by mbv » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Also in today and did not write a UCLA contribution essay :)

JohnnyTrojan08

New

Post by JohnnyTrojan08 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:12 pm

In yesterday with a surprise call and scholarship offer! Very pleasantly surprised, especially since I hadn't heard anything from USC about money of any kind.

I'm currently finishing TFA in NYC, and plan on attending the admitted students event here in a few Saturdays. Anyone else going to be there and know what to expect from the admissions documents?

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:In yesterday with a surprise call and scholarship offer! Very pleasantly surprised, especially since I hadn't heard anything from USC about money of any kind.

I'm currently finishing TFA in NYC, and plan on attending the admitted students event here in a few Saturdays. Anyone else going to be there and know what to expect from the admissions documents?
I'm going to the ASD in LA and NY

mhopeful

New

Post by mhopeful » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:49 pm

JohnnyTrojan08--congratulations!

when did u submit your application and did u write a why ucla essay?

JohnnyTrojan08

New

Post by JohnnyTrojan08 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:39 pm

mhopeful wrote:when did u submit your application and did u write a why ucla essay?
My LSN profile has all the dates, etc. I was very late in the cycle as I am focused on finishing strong through my TFA commitment.

I didn't write any supplemental essays for UCLA, but I had a different version of my personal statement for the four schools I applied to.

Jay, are you a UCLA spokesperson now? Why both LA and NYC? :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:
mhopeful wrote:when did u submit your application and did u write a why ucla essay?
My LSN profile has all the dates, etc. I was very late in the cycle as I am focused on finishing strong through my TFA commitment.

I didn't write any supplemental essays for UCLA, but I had a different version of my personal statement for the four schools I applied to.

Jay, are you a UCLA spokesperson now? Why both LA and NYC? :roll:
I'm going to la bc ucla is located in la, so I'd like to visit my future law school. I also happen to go to school within vicinity of ny so I might as well go to that one too.

JohnnyTrojan08

New

Post by JohnnyTrojan08 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:06 am

That makes sense. For some reason I thought your profile indicated you were already at UCLA undergrad and were thinking about coming out east, rather than vice-versa.

I'm actually planning on attending both one in LA and NYC, as well, but that's because I want to go back to LA. ;-P

Baloo

New

Post by Baloo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:14 pm

If my application was complete as of 12/11 and I still haven't heard squat, is this reason to be concerned? I realize this question is difficult to answer but hopefully someone has some insight. I went to a school in the LA area with a good reputation so I'm hoping that helps, but I'm not in-state. If there's another forum I should be looking in and haven't found yet, a redirect would be appreciated. Thanks for any help or info people can offer. I'm not having the best luck at most schools so I'm trying to hone in on the ones I'm interested in attending that I've still got left.

As US News lists their numbers, mine are just at LSAT 75% and just above GPA 25% which seems to be a bad combination for other schools I've applied to so far this cycle. dreading the prospect of waiting a year.

empire84

New

Post by empire84 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:03 pm

In. :)
Who is going to ASD on April 18th?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Baloo

New

Post by Baloo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

empire84 wrote:In. :)
You just hear today? And was it via mail, email, or phone? Congratulations

SaraLA

New

Post by SaraLA » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Got into UCLA (my first choice) at the end of January via a phone call. For whoever is asking, I did not do the why UCLA essay - in fact, I didn`t even see it on the application. Went to the admitted students day yesterday and thought it was great.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:28 pm

epal offer for loans and financial aid today. I got a scholarship and a grant, so that is cool. Tuition is $50k for non-residents next year though.

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:13 pm

So, who's living in Weyburn? If I go, I will be living there for certain.

Edit:

Also, any good tennis players? I am so hoping to find someone to hit with. I'm roughly a 4.5 rating on NTRP scale.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

undeclared

New

Post by undeclared » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:58 am

Anyone going to the NY reception tomorrow? I couldnt find much info but it sounds like an informal cocktail reception. Since it's at a law firm, I am planning to wear a suit. Hopefully I wont be that lone douche in a suit.

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

undeclared wrote:Anyone going to the NY reception tomorrow? I couldnt find much info but it sounds like an informal cocktail reception. Since it's at a law firm, I am planning to wear a suit. Hopefully I wont be that lone douche in a suit.
i was planning on it but i have to finish my fucking thesis and my adviser is riding me for another chapter, so its looking less and less likely...

Slansky

Bronze

Post by Slansky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 am

I am! :) and...
weee wrote:So, who's living in Weyburn? If I go, I will be living there for certain.
I am! ;)

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am

Slansky wrote:
weee wrote:So, who's living in Weyburn? If I go, I will be living there for certain.
I am! ;)
I was placed on the waitlist...and it just turned april!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

When is the first seat deposit due?

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 am

Jericwithers wrote:When is the first seat deposit due?
I believe it is May 1, you can check by logging in to http://www.ursa.ucla.edu and seeing what you need to do by when, it's pretty staightfoward.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 am

weee wrote:
I believe it is May 1, you can check by logging in to http://www.ursa.ucla.edu and seeing what you need to do by when, it's pretty staightfoward.
The log in information for UCLA is sooo difficult to remember. I haven't even enrolled and I have like 3 different usernames to remember. I was ready to give up once they sent their financial aid award information and I couldn't figure out how to log in to it.

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

Jericwithers wrote:
weee wrote:
The log in information for UCLA is sooo difficult to remember. I haven't even enrolled and I have like 3 different usernames to remember. I was ready to give up once they sent their financial aid award information and I couldn't figure out how to log in to it.
lo.l I started to ignore the lawnet account all together pretty quickly, because for some reason it won't let me change the password. I'm only aware of 2 usernames though, so I feel like I've fallen behind.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slansky

Bronze

Post by Slansky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:56 pm

jay115 wrote:
Slansky wrote:
I am! ;)
I was placed on the waitlist...and it just turned april!
The Weyburn waitlist? Already? I guess they don't have that many spots. :(

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
weee wrote:
Haha, I registered the same username with every different website to avoid that mess; I'm not a fan of the bazillion websites that UCLA maintains.
Slansky wrote: The Weyburn waitlist? Already? I guess they don't have that many spots. :(
I guess I misspoke; here's what they sent me:

"We have received your inquiry from the Law School. I have checked your account and verified that we have received your housing application for the 2010-2011 academic year as of [date redacted]. As your are not guaranteed housing for next year, you will be placed in a random lottery pool and offered a space based on availability. We will begin making lottery offers in July 2010 and will continue to make offers until all spaces are filled. Lottery applicants are not guaranteed to receive an offer. If you have any further questions please let me know by replying to this message so I can further assist you or visit our Ask Housing web site at http://www.housing.ucla.edu/ask.

I think I may ask Dean Schwartz if he can bump me off this damn lottery, haha.

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 pm

jay115 wrote: I think I may ask Dean Schwartz if he can bump me off this damn lottery, haha.
It can't hurt to ask.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Who do I contact to negotiate financial aid?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”