UVA Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
jawsthegreat

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 am

dgouzoul wrote:
billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.*

*Not in Section M (nor S, for that matter)
you lie
I wonder if i know who dgouzoul or billyez are????

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:
billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.*

you lie
I wonder if i know who dgouzoul or billyez are????
billyez is very difficult to figure out

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm

dgouzoul wrote:

you lie

I know who all you fools are. So easy to figure out...

dgouzoul

Bronze

Post by dgouzoul » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:57 pm

i hide behind my username

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:12 pm

dgouzoul wrote:i hide behind my username
I don't think I've met you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm

gladiator wrote:
I don't know who any of you are... but seriously panda and billeyz who the heck are you?

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 pm

It's pretty safe to say that if you've met me, you'll know it.
flyingpanda wrote:billyez is very difficult to figure out
At this point, I've stopped cursing myself for being so dumb when I made this username. I just assume that people know who I am from the get-go. Although, it was still a bit disconcerting when that one guy was all, "Yeah, I know you from TLS."

I've gotta say though, it sure didn't take a lot of skill to figure you out either.

More importantly, any 2L's or 3L's who signed up for PILA stuff during 1L willing to say anything about how well the experience went? A little focus on whether it affected academics at all would be helpful...

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
gladiator wrote:
I don't know who any of you are... but seriously panda and billeyz who the heck are you?
There's a high chance you've met me, I've gone out to 99% of all the events including the stuff that happened before school.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 pm

flyingpanda wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
gladiator wrote:
There's a high chance you've met me, I've gone out to 99% of all the events including the stuff that happened before school.
Yep, i've definitely met you then. Do you know who I am?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:01 pm

jawsthegreat wrote: Yep, i've definitely met you then. Do you know who I am?
I have an idea, but not really. It's prob way easier for you to guess who I am lol.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Did everything possible to gently avoid getting too involved in Dandelion and wound up getting easily sucked into it. *sigh*

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 pm

billyez wrote:More importantly, any 2L's or 3L's who signed up for PILA stuff during 1L willing to say anything about how well the experience went? A little focus on whether it affected academics at all would be helpful...
I was a PILA 1L section rep. It didn't affect me academically at all.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:29 am

I'm thinking of designing a shirt for those select few that successfully complete FebClub.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Still no money.

berkeleykel06

Bronze

Post by berkeleykel06 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:29 pm

Anyone who doesn't stay in the library until midnight every night is TTT.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Still no money.
They read your comments on here and are setting an example with you.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 am

berkeleykel06 wrote:Anyone who doesn't stay in the library until midnight every night is TTT.
it takes too long to leave the study in my house. the commute is time i can be studying.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BruceWayne

Gold

Post by BruceWayne » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm

I regret not having done any 0L prep. Having read some of the very general basic overview supplements would have given me a basic understanding of the rules/black letter law. That would have been preferable to having to figure them out on my own by reading supplements etc. while also trying to stay caught up with the casebook reading and pulling them out from my professors' lectures (which is easier said than done since most of them only mention the rules in passing--excluding civ pro. That professor admittedly stresses them.) Doing the former would have saved more time that could be used to finish the LRW assignments. Oh well-- live and learn.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:07 pm

BruceWayne wrote:I regret not having done any 0L prep. Having read some of the very general basic overview supplements would have given me a basic understanding of the rules/black letter law. That would have been preferable to having to figure them out on my own by reading supplements etc. while also trying to stay caught up with the casebook reading and pulling them out from my professors' lectures (which is easier said than done since most of them only mention the rules in passing--excluding civ pro. That professor admittedly stresses them.) Doing the former would have saved more time that could be used to finish the LRW assignments. Oh well-- live and learn.
Believe me, 0L prep doesn't help. Don't worry about school for now - just focus on staying caught up with the reading. You can use fall break to learn all the rules as you make your outlines. With regard to LRW, try to spend as little time on it as possible. Anything written at an 8th grade level will pass.

slider

Bronze

Post by slider » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Cavalier wrote: Believe me, 0L prep doesn't help. Don't worry about school for now - just focus on staying caught up with the reading. You can use fall break to learn all the rules as you make your outlines. With regard to LRW, try to spend as little time on it as possible. Anything written at an 8th grade level will pass.
Thanks! This helps! I found LRW to be a huge time sink.

bgdddymtty

Silver

Post by bgdddymtty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:27 pm

billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.
Not if we judge by softball skillz. :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:35 pm

slider wrote:
Cavalier wrote: Believe me, 0L prep doesn't help. Don't worry about school for now - just focus on staying caught up with the reading. You can use fall break to learn all the rules as you make your outlines. With regard to LRW, try to spend as little time on it as possible. Anything written at an 8th grade level will pass.
It shouldn't be. Some people get in trouble for being extremely lazy (for example, by making zero revisions on the second draft of an assignment), but as long as you put in a few hours you should be fine. To minimize the amount of time you spend, put it off until the last minute. Even if you don't start an assignment until a couple days before it's due, you will finish, but you'll have spent far less time on it than most people.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Cavalier wrote:
slider wrote:
It shouldn't be. Some people get in trouble for being extremely lazy (for example, by making zero revisions on the second draft of an assignment), but as long as you put in a few hours you should be fine. To minimize the amount of time you spend, put it off until the last minute. Even if you don't start an assignment until a couple days before it's due, you will finish, but you'll have spent far less time on it than most people.
This is pretty much how I did it. Every waking hour the two days before an assignment was due, I was writing it, but I was only ever working on LRW those few days out of the year.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:
billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.
Not if we judge by softball skillz. :mrgreen:
Hardy har har. We might have lost on the scoreboard, but we at least tied in spirit. :wink:

But seriously, these folks are the best group of folks I could have hoped to have as a section. I've managed to drink the UVA Kool-Aid pretty deeply, it appears. A lot more fun than a Texas suburb, certainly.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:58 pm

i've had a few cups of the koolaid myself. this really is an enjoyable experience.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”