Catholic Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
idreamoflawschool09

New

Catholic Class of 2013

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:55 pm

I didn't see a thread for this, and wanted to talk to others who are excited/anxious/nervous about starting at Catholic in a few weeks!!=] Anyone have any idea what orientation is going to entail?

destro85

New

Re: Catholic Class of 2013

Post by destro85 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:41 pm

I'll be there! we'll see how it goes, I'm excited to start too

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 am

=] I know! Scary though! Have you done anything major to prepare?

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:49 pm

i'll be there as well....starting to get a little nervous. I can't believe it's just over two weeks away!!

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:58 am

Monday - registration; Tuesday-Thursday - Orientation/classes (I think?); Friday - volunteer (optional) and Dean's reception in the evening.

Anyone else on TLS live in the Foggy Bottom/West End area? Also - what kind of computer will everyone be using (going to buy mine next week).

Excited to meet everyone :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:06 pm

LKing wrote:Monday - registration; Tuesday-Thursday - Orientation/classes (I think?); Friday - volunteer (optional) and Dean's reception in the evening.

Anyone else on TLS live in the Foggy Bottom/West End area? Also - what kind of computer will everyone be using (going to buy mine next week).

From what I understand, our legal writing/analysis class starts during the first week. Then, the remainder of our classes begin the second week (8/23). Is anyone planning on doing the volunteer thing on Friday?

As far as computers go, I'm going to stick with my Macbook. I haven't really heard anything as far as incompatibility issues go.

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Ill be getting a desktop and a netbook. i cant stand the 10.1s so ill look for the 11 - 13 inch screens. they give bigger keyboards.

Does anyone know when we get our classes assigned? Id like to get my books online, so this whole waiting thing isnt great for me.

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:14 pm

LKing wrote:Monday - registration; Tuesday-Thursday - Orientation/classes (I think?); Friday - volunteer (optional) and Dean's reception in the evening.

Excited too!!! Where did everyone hear this news that classes will start the first week? ( I just haven't seen anything about this! --well, i don't think!)

Anyways, I have a Toshiba laptop ( i also have a net book) that I just bought. It's got a big screen/keyboard but is pretty lightweight. I used a netbook through undergrad and it was great for taking notes, I'm just sick of staring at that small screen :)

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 pm

The first weeks classes are legal research introductory courses. They arent the doctrinal courses.

I called the admissions office to find out last week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:20 pm

What are you guys going to wear to orientation?

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Probably a polo and khaki shorts. Anything thinking Suit& tie?

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Also will be joining everyone! Hoping we get our class schedules sometime soon. I want to order used books before they're sold out everywhere. Admissions told me they generally send us our schedules during the first week of August, as in any day this week haha.

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Agent Bartowski wrote:Probably a polo and khaki shorts. Anything thinking Suit& tie?
I'm thinking polo and shorts too....i don't think a suit & tie is really necessary, we'll just be sitting in introductory lectures, etc. after all.
NYVA311 wrote:Also will be joining everyone! Hoping we get our class schedules sometime soon. I want to order used books before they're sold out everywhere. Admissions told me they generally send us our schedules during the first week of August, as in any day this week haha.
They're up...going to see if I get some of the books ordered today. What section is everyone in?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:15 pm

pjl35 wrote:
Agent Bartowski wrote:Probably a polo and khaki shorts. Anything thinking Suit& tie?
I'm thinking polo and shorts too....i don't think a suit & tie is really necessary, we'll just be sitting in introductory lectures, etc. after all.
NYVA311 wrote:Also will be joining everyone! Hoping we get our class schedules sometime soon. I want to order used books before they're sold out everywhere. Admissions told me they generally send us our schedules during the first week of August, as in any day this week haha.
They're up...going to see if I get some of the books ordered today. What section is everyone in?
I'm in Section F (Criminal Law, Civil Procedure, Contracts). Lawyering skills - Section H; Social Justice and the Law - Section A. I'm guessing this means I will take Torts, Con Law and Property in the spring? Also - if classes have already been assigned, is registration just a formality?

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 pm

LKing wrote:
I'm in Section F (Criminal Law, Civil Procedure, Contracts). Lawyering skills - Section H; Social Justice and the Law - Section A. I'm guessing this means I will take Torts, Con Law and Property in the spring? Also - if classes have already been assigned, is registration just a formality?
Section G here (Civil Procedure, Contracts, Torts, Lawyering Skills) and Section A for Social Justice and the Law (which looks like it doesn't start until October). As far as registration goes, I think they just need to make sure that we show up so they know we'll be attending...otherwise it looks like the major stuff is already taken care of.

idreamoflawschool09

New

Post by idreamoflawschool09 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm

LKing wrote:
pjl35 wrote:
I"m also in F:) and social justice A :)

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm in section C: Civil Procedure, Contracts, Torts; section E: Lawyering Skills; section A: Social Justice (we all are in this class together from what it seems). None of my textbooks are posted yet though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Section G! w00t. G is for Great.

Civil Procedure, Contracts, Torts, Lawyering Skills and Section A for Social Justice and the Law. Im getting excited about this now. Any section G professor research out there? Mine has been slow going.

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 am

Agent Bartowski wrote:Section G! w00t. G is for Great.

Civil Procedure, Contracts, Torts, Lawyering Skills and Section A for Social Justice and the Law. Im getting excited about this now. Any section G professor research out there? Mine has been slow going.
I looked all of them up on the Catholic website, but besides that I haven't seen anything

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Hello all,

I just emailed someone at the law school and asked if there was any sort of recommended dress code for Registration and Orientation. Might sound like a stupid question, but I don't want to be the one person who's overdressed or underdressed! They responded and said that we are welcome to wear whatever we are comfortable in...hope this helps everyone! :)

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:05 pm

The doctrinal courses profs have published some stuff available online below:

Caprice L. Roberts - http://works.bepress.com/caprice_roberts/

Mark L Rienzi - --LinkRemoved--

Megan m Labelle - http://works.bepress.com/megan_la_belle/

Ill keep looking. They have profiles from their work lives around, but nothing very useful.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Agent Bartowski

New

Post by Agent Bartowski » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Roberts is looking better and better. She isnt reviewed under catholic- shes under WVU.

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRat ... tid=167306

howardsbest

New

Post by howardsbest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Today is the big day. Please post tomorrow how you felt orientation went for you. Likes, dislikes, etc.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”