FIU - Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
rbgrocio

Silver

Re: FIU - Class of 2013

Post by rbgrocio » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:43 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:of course they make the reading shorter after i read it twice.

lol. there is a welcome party for the incoming class on Saturday August 14th at Monty's in Coconut Grove.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:46 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:of course they make the reading shorter after i read it twice.

lol. there is a welcome party for the incoming class on Saturday August 14th at Monty's in Coconut Grove.

unfortunately I cant make it.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:37 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:

I did not go to our welcome party either, and I am not going to this one. i do not hang out with anyone from law school.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:

I did not go to our welcome party either, and I am not going to this one. i do not hang out with anyone from law school.

wanna hang out? lol

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Last edited by rbgrocio on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vv9891

New

Post by vv9891 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:18 pm

rbgrocio wrote:I dont mix business with friendship and law school is pure business, imo. Law school is like high school. I do not know the name of half of the people in my class but somehow i know who they sleep with. :|

Interesting perspective. So u recommend not making any friends? I do agree with you though in principle. Law school is a serious endeavor and it's not about the fun. Anyhow, I'm getting excited and nervous!!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Has anybody here taken the LSAT Prep that FIU offers? Just curious since I'm going to take the LSAT in Oct and figured some extra "direction" wouldn't be too bad at $600 bucks vs Testmasters at $1450 at which case I'll prob just finish studying solo.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 am

ResolutePear wrote:Has anybody here taken the LSAT Prep that FIU offers? Just curious since I'm going to take the LSAT in Oct and figured some extra "direction" wouldn't be too bad at $600 bucks vs Testmasters at $1450 at which case I'll prob just finish studying solo.

i dont know. but i believe any program that creates accountability is solid.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 pm

What did you think about orientation?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:23 pm

rbgrocio wrote:What did you think about orientation?

Out of this world! The school did a tremendous job, and I felt engaged and excited the entire time.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:What did you think about orientation?

Out of this world! The school did a tremendous job, and I felt engaged and excited the entire time.
That's great! I'm not looking forward to Monday.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 pm

How is the first week? Want outlines?

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:52 pm

rbgrocio wrote:How is the first week? Want outlines?

sure PM me with Torts.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:00 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:

sure PM me with Torts.

Will do later on. Who do you have for torts? I did not have the same professor; mine is retired, but torts is torts and my outline sure enough covers what you need to know.

Don't rely on it though! Make your own and use mine as a reference or to learn additional info you may have not included in your own.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:03 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:

sure PM me with Torts.

Will do later on. Who do you have for torts? I did not have the same professor; mine is retired, but torts is torts and my outline sure enough covers what you need to know.

Don't rely on it though! Make your own and use mine as a reference or to learn additional info you may have not included in your own.

will do, our professor is new from Mexico City..Granado. Nice guy, a little boring as far as speaking style but really interesting overall. I would never just use an outline.....cant learn, but an organizational method with a few holes filled in would work nicely.

vv9891

New

Post by vv9891 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Definitely, that would be very helpful! The first week has been crazy! At first I was overwhelmed by the amount of reading we have to do and all the briefing. But now that I know what I have to do, what is expected, I think I will be fine. I went from doing a brief at orientation last week for the first time ever to decent briefs a week later. I'm still tweaking the exact format...sometimes I have too much info on it and other times I don't have enough.

Con Law outline would be very helpful for me...I have Baker. And yes, I am making my own as well...I already started it, lol.

Thanks!

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:23 pm

I will email my outlines later on this week. I was out of town, and I have not had a chance to do so.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rnanyta2001

New

Post by rnanyta2001 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23 am

Hey guys:

I will be attending FIU Law School (evening program) this upcoming Fall and would love to hear from both of you,especially about the Profs: Granado & Stone. I am very nervous; any advice or insight? That would help. Thanks a million in advance[/color][/color].

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 pm

rnanyta2001 wrote:Hey guys:

I will be attending FIU Law School (evening program) this upcoming Fall and would love to hear from both of you,especially about the Profs: Granado & Stone. I am very nervous; any advice or insight? That would help. Thanks a million in advance[/color][/color].
When crossing the bridge across the pond at night, beware of trolls beneath it.

Lawof_theLand

New

Post by Lawof_theLand » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 pm

rnanyta2001 wrote:Hey guys:

Both are great. Granado is extraordinarily dedicating to helping you get the material. stop by his office near the beginning of the semester and show him your outline before you get too far into it. Outline as you go. Focus on facts that the cases turned on and the holding. Forget the reasoning, he's not a big fan of judges. Also, wikipedia the Justinian code, he references Roman Law a lot in class. Stone, by contrast, lives in the nuances, details and judicial reasoning.

Honestly though, you should be more worried about LSV, that is the real back breaker. Don't put anything off in that class.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”