University of Pittsburgh Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
BarbellDreams

Gold

University of Pittsburgh Class of 2013

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 pm

While I know many are still trying to negotiate $$$, I know there are some who are committed to Pitt by now. As one of those people, I have my apartment, have seen the campus and the neighborhoods surrounding it, and am extremely excited to move and meet everyone at orientation.

Dr. Review

Gold

Re: University of Pittsburgh Class of 2013

Post by Dr. Review » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Same here. Committed yesterday and got my apartment today.

cyberPUNK

New

Post by cyberPUNK » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:26 am

Wow, you guys aren't wasting any time. You hoping to work in the Pittsburgh area upon graduation? Also, what areas did you find housing in?

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:51 pm

cyberPUNK wrote:Wow, you guys aren't wasting any time. You hoping to work in the Pittsburgh area upon graduation? Also, what areas did you find housing in?
I'm planning on one of three post-grad avenues: Staying in Pittsburgh, working in DC, or working on the west coast (where I'm from).

I'm flying over in mid-May to look at housing. My girlfriend and I have been looking at Oakland, Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, Lawrenceville, and the South Side. We're planning on buying a condo, since housing prices are much cheaper than what I'm used to.

Also, you should all check out MegaBus. They are restarting service to Pittsburgh this May with trips to State College and NYC. With a promotion code I found, tickets are $1 each way to NYC!!!

http://us.megabus.com/Default.aspx

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:14 pm

cyberPUNK wrote:Wow, you guys aren't wasting any time. You hoping to work in the Pittsburgh area upon graduation? Also, what areas did you find housing in?
Honestly, I went into this cycle not really caring where I ended up after law school. I like the idea of living in a good sized to large city, but beyond that, I didn't have much of a preference. I visited Pittsburgh and I thought it was a great place, somewhere that I don't think I would mind living and eventually working for several years.

As for housing, the spot I found was in Shadyside.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 pm

I found housing in Squirrel Hill about a block from Murray Ave and a block from Schenley Park. I visited recently and really liked Pittsburgh. I would be completely fine with working in Pittsburgh but ultimately would like to make my way to either Philly, DC, or NY.

I went into the cycle basically wanting to be in a decently sized city. I am very much a city guy from Chicago and need to be around skyscrapers. In the end it was basically between Marquette, Seattle, and Pitt and it was a pretty easy choice for me. Glad to be here (soon). Hope to meet some of you next year at orientation and have sections figured out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”