The Ohio State University Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
TTH

Diamond

The Ohio State University Class of 2013

Post by TTH » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Moritz 2013 on Facebook

O-H!

Notor

Bronze

Re: The Ohio State University Class of 2013

Post by Notor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 pm

You guys need to make a pledge to never do the "OH-IO" cheer outside of a football game or to take photo op pictures spelling out "O-H-I-O." Please, please do not do it.

2lstudent

New

Post by 2lstudent » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:39 pm

If Justice Ginsberg can appear in O-H-I-O pics, so can you.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 pm

2lstudent wrote:If Justice Ginsberg can appear in O-H-I-O pics, so can you.
This. O-H-I-O call-and-response is a key component of life on High St.

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 pm

TipTravHoot wrote: This. O-H-I-O call-and-response is a key component of life on High St.
So is homelessness

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Notor wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote: This. O-H-I-O call-and-response is a key component of life on High St.
So is homelessness
As is random people claiming ownership of public parking lots and charging parking fees...

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
Notor wrote:
So is homelessness
As is random people claiming ownership of public parking lots and charging parking fees...
This always makes me lol. I know I don't have to give them anything, but I'll usually kick them a coupla bucks in recognition of their spirit.

So, has anyone decided fo' sho' they are going to OSU?

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Notor wrote:
So is homelessness
Sorry to bust into your thread but I went to OSU undergrad and a hobo on High Street called me cheap once. I was offended and confused.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 am

Doritos wrote:
Notor wrote:
So is homelessness
Sorry to bust into your thread but I went to OSU undergrad and a hobo on High Street called me cheap once. I was offended and confused.

Stay South of Campus. I've always liked to think there's a better class of hobo in the Short North and Arena District.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Does anyone know when the Moritz Need Based Grants will be decided? I know the deadline was March 1st for everything, but I don't recall seeing any mention of a decision timeline.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:44 pm

ticklememauve wrote:Does anyone know when the Moritz Need Based Grants will be decided? I know the deadline was March 1st for everything, but I don't recall seeing any mention of a decision timeline.
I'm not sure, but I imagine you probably won't receive a separate award notification for it. So, you probably find out about how much need-based money the same time you get your financial aid award letter. Just a guess, though.

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:09 am

ticklememauve wrote:Does anyone know when the Moritz Need Based Grants will be decided? I know the deadline was March 1st for everything, but I don't recall seeing any mention of a decision timeline.
The question was answered at the admitted student event. The Need-Based Grants are not considered to be recruitment scholarships, so they don't have a set timeline. The financial aid people made it seem like they would be decided kind of on a rolling basis, and after you send in your seat deposit as the grants are meant for Moritz students, not as something to attract potential students.

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Notor wrote:
The question was answered at the admitted student event. The Need-Based Grants are not considered to be recruitment scholarships, so they don't have a set timeline. The financial aid people made it seem like they would be decided kind of on a rolling basis, and after you send in your seat deposit as the grants are meant for Moritz students, not as something to attract potential students.
Ah hah! Thank you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:34 pm

ATTENDING!!! But my heart lies with MSU until the tourney is done :)

Has anyone received their fin aid letter yet. I've got nothing wondering if I should call.

Called: Fin Aid notification letters being sent out tomorrow or Friday!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 pm

robin600 wrote:ATTENDING!!! But my heart lies with MSU until the tourney is done :)

Has anyone received their fin aid letter yet. I've got nothing wondering if I should call.

Gasp.

I wonder if Moritz NBG info will be in those letters...

At least the Spartans got revenge against UT for us, but suffice to say, I'd rather see OSU in the Final Four.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:59 pm

I will be attending! like I posted in the other tOSU thread, I am still looking for a roommate if anyone is interested

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
robin600 wrote:ATTENDING!!! But my heart lies with MSU until the tourney is done :)

Gasp.

At least the Spartans got revenge against UT for us, but suffice to say, I'd rather see OSU in the Final Four.
robin600 - Thanks for calling and sharing that information. Now, to figure out how long the mail takes to arrive from Columbus....

TipTravHoot - Ditto about MNBG. I'm dying to know.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:23 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:

Gasp.

robin600 - Thanks for calling and sharing that information. Now, to figure out how long the mail takes to arrive from Columbus....

TipTravHoot - Ditto about MNBG. I'm dying to know.
Also, Mark in the fin aid office said he's not sure if they are sending it out via snail mail or e-mail, so it may arrive sooner than later if it's e-mail!

Also, posted this in the other thread, but thought everyone here would find it useful!
Going to OSU with my 12k a year, and I'm super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just signed a lease today on 9th ave. seriously a 5 min. walk to the law school. I signed a lease with university apartments, and they have a few one bedrooms left in that area, and also a lot of studios on neil st. which is like a 15 min. walk to the law school. I think they have a website, but they are super cheap, I pay ~500 for my one bedroom, they have studios for like 450. check them out.

How`s the room there? have you checked it?

(http://www.ohiostateapts.com/)Yup, the bedroom is good sized, i can fit my queen size bed, a large desk and a dresser in there. the living room and kitchen is around the same size. They have parking available. This company was also good --LinkRemoved-- ... +Southwest
This one looks promising too http://www.buckeyere.com/searchframe2.htm

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 am

I think OSU is going to post financial award stuff today. My award summary under http://sfa.osu.edu has updated to show my scholarship--nothing about loans or NBG yet.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Sitting in an inane class for which I'm a tutor. So sick of UG and ready for law school. Just posting this here so that in six months when I'm stressed and psychotic I can look back to something and say to myself that I wanted this.

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Sitting in an inane class for which I'm a tutor. So sick of UG and ready for law school. Just posting this here so that in six months when I'm stressed and psychotic I can look back to something and say to myself that I wanted this.
Just out of curiosity, what is the inane class? (I tutor/teach as well.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:18 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:Sitting in an inane class for which I'm a tutor. So sick of UG and ready for law school. Just posting this here so that in six months when I'm stressed and psychotic I can look back to something and say to myself that I wanted this.
English 101. I'm something like a TA.

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:22 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:
I sat through two different History 101s last semester. Damn near killed me, especially the 8 a.m. MWF. Worst professor I've ever seen in my life. I had to "monitor" them because I taught a tandem course in for "Reading in History" --for students who scored very low on the reading portion of ACT, etc.

Not sure how many rings of Hell I traveled through last semester, but they were multiple and they were horrifyingly awful. Onward and upward, I say! Law school, ho!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:
I sat through two different History 101s last semester. Damn near killed me, especially the 8 a.m. MWF. Worst professor I've ever seen in my life. I had to "monitor" them because I taught a tandem course in for "Reading in History" --for students who scored very low on the reading portion of ACT, etc.

Not sure how many rings of Hell I traveled through last semester, but they were multiple and they were horrifyingly awful. Onward and upward, I say! Law school, ho!
We are in very similar nautical vessels. I mainly deal with kids who struggle with the subject matter (that subject matter being basic writing), who have previously failed the class, or have gotten into 101 after taking the remedial classes. Not good times, baaad times

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:07 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
We are in very similar nautical vessels. I mainly deal with kids who struggle with the subject matter (that subject matter being basic writing), who have previously failed the class, or have gotten into 101 after taking the remedial classes. Not good times, baaad times
Law school will be soooo much better. I look forward to it. [Also written for future reference.] Hang in there!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”