The Ohio State University Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
sarlis

Silver

Re: The Ohio State University Class of 2013

Post by sarlis » Mon May 31, 2010 11:05 am

TTH wrote:
Notor wrote:
TTH wrote:OSU and UGA. I thought I was all set, but UGA came in with a nice scholly offer which makes it 12k cheaper over three years than OSU. I'm hoping OSU will close that gap a bit.
Is $4k a year really enough to sway your decision on where to attend law school? UGA and tOSU offer totally different geographic opportunities for employment that would nullify the small scholarship boost that you'd get at UGA if you'd prefer to stay in Ohio or the Midwest.
It's official for me now. UGA's second seat deposit is due in a couple days, and I don't plan on paying it. A Buckeye I shall be.

Now that that's settled, does anyone want to form a group for football seating? I'm going to be forming one with one other person with whom I'm buying a ticket, but if other incoming 1Ls want to seat near other miserable, pale 1Ls, we can facilitate that.
Congrats on the decision man!

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:19 pm

sarlis wrote:
TTH wrote:
Notor wrote:
TTH wrote:OSU and UGA. I thought I was all set, but UGA came in with a nice scholly offer which makes it 12k cheaper over three years than OSU. I'm hoping OSU will close that gap a bit.
Is $4k a year really enough to sway your decision on where to attend law school? UGA and tOSU offer totally different geographic opportunities for employment that would nullify the small scholarship boost that you'd get at UGA if you'd prefer to stay in Ohio or the Midwest.
It's official for me now. UGA's second seat deposit is due in a couple days, and I don't plan on paying it. A Buckeye I shall be.

Now that that's settled, does anyone want to form a group for football seating? I'm going to be forming one with one other person with whom I'm buying a ticket, but if other incoming 1Ls want to seat near other miserable, pale 1Ls, we can facilitate that.
Congrats on the decision man!
Ditto, good to hear! :)

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:33 pm

TTH wrote:
Notor wrote:

Congrats! It's always nice to finally know where you'll be moving in the next month or two.

I know group sales just started so I understand if you already put in your order but it'd be cool to get in on the group order with you. As my undergrad didn't even have a football team, I'm not too familiar with the whole process haha. Since we can only get single tickets, what happens if we want to bring a non-students? Would that be an advantage of group tickets (ie if you can't make a game I can pay for your ticket and to upgrade it)? Either way I would rather sit with my fellow 1Ls discussing who's liable if there should be a freak accident during the game haha. Let me know if there's still time!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:18 pm

ChinaMex wrote:I know group sales just started so I understand if you already put in your order but it'd be cool to get in on the group order with you. As my undergrad didn't even have a football team, I'm not too familiar with the whole process haha. Since we can only get single tickets, what happens if we want to bring a non-students? Would that be an advantage of group tickets (ie if you can't make a game I can pay for your ticket and to upgrade it)? Either way I would rather sit with my fellow 1Ls discussing who's liable if there should be a freak accident during the game haha. Let me know if there's still time!
Bolded is more or less CR. The seats are assigned though, so you'd need to set someone nearby or talk people into shifting around if you really want to make sure you can sit next to the person you're bringing.

Also, there's a discussion going on the facebook group about the football group if you want to jump in on that.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Does anybody have a ticket I can buy off of them for the season? I really need one for my girlfriend and I am having trouble getting one? Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:58 pm

TTH wrote:
Bolded is more or less CR. The seats are assigned though, so you'd need to set someone nearby or talk people into shifting around if you really want to make sure you can sit next to the person you're bringing.

Also, there's a discussion going on the facebook group about the football group if you want to jump in on that.
Thanks!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 am

I can;t believe they sold out of the Miami(fl) game already?!?!

tsub

New

Post by tsub » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 pm

I know! I actually really wanted to go to the Miami game. And it also sucks that season tickets only cover about 5 games. So, that $160 doesn't seem like such a great deal after all...

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:26 pm

tsub wrote:I know! I actually really wanted to go to the Miami game. And it also sucks that season tickets only cover about 5 games. So, that $160 doesn't seem like such a great deal after all...
Haha yeah no joke. But I'm sure we will be able to find tickets for the Miami game. I got Block O tickets, did anyone else?

I sat there last year and that section is a ton of fun!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:18 pm

As a 4-year veteran of the OSU football ticket system, let me offer some advice.

First, definitely get in a group. Aside from the obvious benefit of not sitting by yourself, it makes it a lot easier to sell your tickets/bring a non-student to the game.

Second, only suckers pay for upgraded tickets. If the person you are going to be bringing looks like they are college-aged, all you need is a BuckID (student ID) to get them in with a student ticket. The ticket-takers just scan the tickets and make sure you have a BuckID in your possession, they do not read the name or even look at the picture. I've had guys get in with girl's ID's and vice-versa. Only reason you should upgrade your ticket is if you are trying to scalp it on Stubhub or if you are bringing your obviously-not-a-student parent. If its just a buddy who's visiting or your significant other, just borrow a friend's BuckID for the day and save yourself the $30+ upgrade fee.

Third, get tickets as soon as possible. OSU has switched up the ticket process this year, so the Miami game only sold out in about 30 minutes, whereas last year the USC game sold out in less than 10 minutes as the entire student body attempted to purchase their tickets at the same time (i'm talking everyone in a lecture having their laptops out and attempting to log into Ticketmaster as soon as the deadline hits). If you have put off getting tickets, drop what you are doing and immediately go purchase them.

Finally, make sure before you go pick your tickets up that you have all your fees paid, or they won't release them. Also don't wait until game day of the first game in your ticket package to go pick up your tickets, unless you feel like waiting outside the Schottenstein Center for 3 hours in a massive line while hung over (personal experience).

HTH

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Notor wrote:As a 4-year veteran of the OSU football ticket system, let me offer some advice.

First, definitely get in a group. Aside from the obvious benefit of not sitting by yourself, it makes it a lot easier to sell your tickets/bring a non-student to the game.

Second, only suckers pay for upgraded tickets. If the person you are going to be bringing looks like they are college-aged, all you need is a BuckID (student ID) to get them in with a student ticket. The ticket-takers just scan the tickets and make sure you have a BuckID in your possession, they do not read the name or even look at the picture. I've had guys get in with girl's ID's and vice-versa. Only reason you should upgrade your ticket is if you are trying to scalp it on Stubhub or if you are bringing your obviously-not-a-student parent. If its just a buddy who's visiting or your significant other, just borrow a friend's BuckID for the day and save yourself the $30+ upgrade fee.

Third, get tickets as soon as possible. OSU has switched up the ticket process this year, so the Miami game only sold out in about 30 minutes, whereas last year the USC game sold out in less than 10 minutes as the entire student body attempted to purchase their tickets at the same time (i'm talking everyone in a lecture having their laptops out and attempting to log into Ticketmaster as soon as the deadline hits). If you have put off getting tickets, drop what you are doing and immediately go purchase them.

Finally, make sure before you go pick your tickets up that you have all your fees paid, or they won't release them. Also don't wait until game day of the first game in your ticket package to go pick up your tickets, unless you feel like waiting outside the Schottenstein Center for 3 hours in a massive line while hung over (personal experience).

HTH

Notor gets a gold star.

While you're at it, I have a couple more questions:

1. Do you pay for your tickets at the time of order or the time of pickup?

2 Can a group leader designate who sits next to whom within a group? Let's say I want to sit next to X within a group of ten, how can I make that happen?

Thanks bunches, dood

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Notor wrote:As a 4-year veteran of the OSU football ticket system, let me offer some advice.

HTH
so I logged in using my log in info but my window isn't until June 10th. It allowed me to log in and take a look at the tickets but everything was sold out. Is this because my window hasn't occurred yet and/or the allotted amount of tickets for this period have been bought? If it's the latter, do a new amount of tickets get released for each window?

thanks for holding my hand through this process haha :)

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:33 pm

TTH wrote:
Notor gets a gold star.

While you're at it, I have a couple more questions:

1. Do you pay for your tickets at the time of order or the time of pickup?

2 Can a group leader designate who sits next to whom within a group? Let's say I want to sit next to X within a group of ten, how can I make that happen?

Thanks bunches, dood
I am pretty sure that you pay for tickets at the time of order (i.e. now). However, in order to pick them up you have to have all of your fees paid and no outstanding balances, like tuition and such. I am pretty sure they do this to ensure that the people getting the student tickets are actually students at the time of the pickup, which is like late August-early September.

Your second question: group leaders have no official say in who sits where within their group, they exist solely as formal organizers to make the seating blocks. For example, say I am the group organizer and make a group called "Mauve Dinosaurs," for myself and three friends. Once we all join the group, Ticketmaster will decide where we sit based on the amount of hours completed at OSU, with your seating being as good as the lowest ranked person in your group. So for undergrad, if 3 seniors and a freshman got tickets in a group together, the group would have freshman priority and would get the worst seats possible. I don't quite know how this works for grad/professional students, but seeing as you guys have a much later window, I would say you start at freshman priority. You have no say in who gets what specific individual seat, you are only guaranteed to be seated in a block with the people in your group. I can see how this would be problematic if you decide to join a massive anonymous seating group because you don't know anyone at OSU yet and you have to do this ahead of time. Otherwise its not a big deal, you would just decide amongst your friends who will sit where. So if you really want to sit next to someone and you are in a big group of people, your best bet would be to make friends with everyone so switching isn't difficult/awkward.

Also, the stadium is always sold out and packed, and the ushers inside the stadium are super-strict about checking tickets, even in the crappiest seats. It is not easy to sit next to someone if you don't actually have seats next to them, as the ushers are intense and its literally so crowded that one extra person won't fit and would stand out.
Last edited by Notor on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:39 pm

ChinaMex wrote: so I logged in using my log in info but my window isn't until June 10th. It allowed me to log in and take a look at the tickets but everything was sold out. Is this because my window hasn't occurred yet and/or the allotted amount of tickets for this period have been bought? If it's the latter, do a new amount of tickets get released for each window?

If you are looking at the tickets for the Miami U, Ohio, and Marshall games, it is likely that they are actually sold out because they are not a part of the student season ticket package and thus OSU only releases something like 10,000 student tickets for these games, whereas there are like 35,000+ student tickets for the games in the season ticket package. I know for a fact that Miami sold out in like 30 minutes (luckily got one), but I am unsure about the other two games (didn't buy those, noon games suck anyway).

If the student season ticket package says "sold out" for you, I would imagine that you just aren't allowed to buy them yet and that is the placeholder that ticketmaster is using to indicate that. I can't imagine every season ticket package would sell out in one day, that doesn't make sense. The only ticket window that has opened is for rank 4 and above students. That being said, come June 10th you had better be at a computer the minute your window opens, because you are in the last group and every single incoming undergrad freshman will be trying to get tickets.

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Notor wrote:
ChinaMex wrote: so I logged in using my log in info but my window isn't until June 10th. It allowed me to log in and take a look at the tickets but everything was sold out. Is this because my window hasn't occurred yet and/or the allotted amount of tickets for this period have been bought? If it's the latter, do a new amount of tickets get released for each window?

If you are looking at the tickets for the Miami U, Ohio, and Marshall games, it is likely that they are actually sold out because they are not a part of the student season ticket package and thus OSU only releases something like 10,000 student tickets for these games, whereas there are like 35,000+ student tickets for the games in the season ticket package. I know for a fact that Miami sold out in like 30 minutes (luckily got one), but I am unsure about the other two games (didn't buy those, noon games suck anyway).

If the student season ticket package says "sold out" for you, I would imagine that you just aren't allowed to buy them yet and that is the placeholder that ticketmaster is using to indicate that. I can't imagine every season ticket package would sell out in one day, that doesn't make sense. The only ticket window that has opened is for rank 4 and above students. That being said, come June 10th you had better be at a computer the minute your window opens, because you are in the last group and every single incoming undergrad freshman will be trying to get tickets.
ahh ok. That makes more sense. One more question, if the students sections are sold out, do students get discounts on the general public tickets?

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:38 pm

ChinaMex wrote:ahh ok. That makes more sense. One more question, if the students sections are sold out, do students get discounts on the general public tickets?
There are no tickets for the general public outside of Stubhub/scalping or some kind of creative endeavor that I do not know about. The only way to get season tickets outside of being a student/professor is by donating a large sum of money every year (think thousands), which then places you in a lottery which gives you a shot at being able to purchase 2 season tickets. So for you, If the student sections get sold out, you are pretty much screwed in terms of getting season tickets. I read somewhere online that people have been lining up outside the Schottenstein center early on game day because there are always a small amount of tickets that get returned from the various departments or alumni, but this doesn't really seem to be a totally practical method of getting tickets for the average student.

Pretty much bank on getting the student season ticket package or bank on not going to a game without some $$$ or luck. There is no general public sale of tickets.

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Also, the "sold out" games that you were referring to might have been the AWAY games this year, as well as the previously-mentioned 3 home games that are separate from the season ticket package.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Whitters

Bronze

Post by Whitters » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:09 am

Ok, its official, official. I withdrew from AZ today. Can I still get in on the ticket group? I'll join the fb right now and see! :)

I received something in the mail today that gave me a set time and date to purchase my tickets? What does that mean? Can't I just buy them now?

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Whitters wrote:I received something in the mail today that gave me a set time and date to purchase my tickets? What does that mean? Can't I just buy them now?
No, because you are an incoming student with no prior OSU credits. Student tickets are released in waves due to high demand based on seniority.

07ggfa5

New

Post by 07ggfa5 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Anyone looking to sell their season ticket? If anyone wants to be in a group together, let me know...

Whitters

Bronze

Post by Whitters » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Notor wrote:
Whitters wrote:I received something in the mail today that gave me a set time and date to purchase my tickets? What does that mean? Can't I just buy them now?
No, because you are an incoming student with no prior OSU credits. Student tickets are released in waves due to high demand based on seniority.

Ah, alright. Thanks for all your help!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:40 pm

07ggfa5 wrote:Anyone looking to sell their season ticket? If anyone wants to be in a group together, let me know...

Yea I posted earlier and didn't have much luck. If I find somewhere that people have them i'll be sure to let you know. Outlook is not so good though..

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm srsly getting tired of the mega thunderstorms moving through Central Ohio right now. Tried to go to the Art Festival yesterday and was rewarded with an impromptu shower for my efforts.

07ggfa5

New

Post by 07ggfa5 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:20 pm

crm wrote:
07ggfa5 wrote:Anyone looking to sell their season ticket? If anyone wants to be in a group together, let me know...

Yea I posted earlier and didn't have much luck. If I find somewhere that people have them i'll be sure to let you know. Outlook is not so good though..
Sorry, I wasn't being clear enough. I am actually trying to sell mine... Need to pay bills until school starts lol

07ggfa5

New

Post by 07ggfa5 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Is anyone still looking for a roommate? I have a D2 (second year dental student) friend who is looking for one. She has 3 years left so she will be graduating in the same year we are.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”