Penn State Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
jbarl1

Silver

Re: Penn State Class of 2013

Post by jbarl1 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:06 am

jvc wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:So did everyone else get the email about football tickets? It says we can buy one student season pass, how do we go about getting a seat for a friend or someone who wants to come with us? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the pass or not...hmmm.
Yes. I got it. I was wondering the same thing. But, I'm 99.99% sure a non-student is more than able to buy season tickets. I think students have the first shot at them, though. Season tickets for the general public will probably go on sale later in the summer.

Again, this is my guess based on the fact that everyone from central PA, student or not, lives for these football games in the fall.

I am very excited about going to the games. I'd just hate to buy a season's worth of tickets to find that I'm going to be stuck in a law library for half of them. Haha! I'll probably buy them anyway.
Yeah, I just don't know if I can afford them. And I assume that the non-student season tickets are even more expensive, so I don't really know about bothering with it. I think we will probably just pick a game and try to get single tickets to it...maybe get season ones next year.

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Is there another deposit due on June 1st? I think I heard something about it before but I haven't gotten anything about it recently.

Kennexboy

New

Post by Kennexboy » Wed May 19, 2010 1:27 am

jbarl1 wrote:
jvc wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:So did everyone else get the email about football tickets? It says we can buy one student season pass, how do we go about getting a seat for a friend or someone who wants to come with us? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the pass or not...hmmm.
Yes. I got it. I was wondering the same thing. But, I'm 99.99% sure a non-student is more than able to buy season tickets. I think students have the first shot at them, though. Season tickets for the general public will probably go on sale later in the summer.

Again, this is my guess based on the fact that everyone from central PA, student or not, lives for these football games in the fall.

I am very excited about going to the games. I'd just hate to buy a season's worth of tickets to find that I'm going to be stuck in a law library for half of them. Haha! I'll probably buy them anyway.
Yeah, I just don't know if I can afford them. And I assume that the non-student season tickets are even more expensive, so I don't really know about bothering with it. I think we will probably just pick a game and try to get single tickets to it...maybe get season ones next year.
Hey Guys-

So I just finished my first year at PSU at University Park and will likely be one of the people in charge of the law school football tickets. Here is how things work:

1. GET TICKETS! You must preregister (i believe it is May 27-June 2nd). Go to http://www.gopsusports.com, then under TICKETS go to STUDENT CENTRAL or FOOTBALL. Information will be there. Cost is about $240 for the season.

2. You can only get one student ticket. You never receive paper tickets, instead they are put onto your student id, and you can transfer or sell them at face value if you can't go.

3. Most law school students "block" their tickets each game, which means we get a dedicated section reserved for the law school, so all the law school students sit together. This is done the week before each game.

4. TICKETS SELL OUT QUICKLY! If they go on sale at 7am, you better be on your computer at 7am to get them. Graduate lottery is usually not as hardcore, but they still sell out quick (Junior tickets are gone in about 3 minutes)

5. Lots of people tailgate for the games. You can always ask a 2L or 3L about tailgating and they will usually be more than glad to help you find one. We have a group that is pretty fun and everyone is invited.

6. You will not be able to buy any other season tickets. Tickets are based on Nittany lion club points, which you won't have money until you donate money to the school. However, if you need a ticket for a friend, you can usually get one from another law student who is selling theirs, or by going to the ticket office and buying one (if there is one available, which usually their isnt for the big games). Cost is like $70.

Hopefully I will see you next year!

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 am

Kennexboy wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:
jvc wrote:

Hey Guys-

So I just finished my first year at PSU at University Park and will likely be one of the people in charge of the law school football tickets. Here is how things work:

1. GET TICKETS! You must preregister (i believe it is May 27-June 2nd). Go to http://www.gopsusports.com, then under TICKETS go to STUDENT CENTRAL or FOOTBALL. Information will be there. Cost is about $240 for the season.

2. You can only get one student ticket. You never receive paper tickets, instead they are put onto your student id, and you can transfer or sell them at face value if you can't go.

3. Most law school students "block" their tickets each game, which means we get a dedicated section reserved for the law school, so all the law school students sit together. This is done the week before each game.

4. TICKETS SELL OUT QUICKLY! If they go on sale at 7am, you better be on your computer at 7am to get them. Graduate lottery is usually not as hardcore, but they still sell out quick (Junior tickets are gone in about 3 minutes)

5. Lots of people tailgate for the games. You can always ask a 2L or 3L about tailgating and they will usually be more than glad to help you find one. We have a group that is pretty fun and everyone is invited.

6. You will not be able to buy any other season tickets. Tickets are based on Nittany lion club points, which you won't have money until you donate money to the school. However, if you need a ticket for a friend, you can usually get one from another law student who is selling theirs, or by going to the ticket office and buying one (if there is one available, which usually their isnt for the big games). Cost is like $70.

Hopefully I will see you next year!

As much as I want to go to games, I don't want to pay that much. I also don't want to leave out my boyfriend, so if I could even get a ticket for him it would be $70. Maybe we will try to get tickets elsewhere to one game. I know some people who never have trouble getting tickets, so I could go through them. It seems like fun, but just not financially feasible right now. Maybe 2L year :)

Kennexboy

New

Post by Kennexboy » Wed May 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Yea, for the games no one really cares about it is pretty easy to get tickets for around $30.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fanlinxun

Bronze

Post by fanlinxun » Thu May 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Is there another deposit due on June 1st? I think I heard something about it before but I haven't gotten anything about it recently.
Just emailed admissions to ask, they replied that "a second mailing is going out probably next week with deposit requirements."

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:33 am

fanlinxun wrote:
Just emailed admissions to ask, they replied that "a second mailing is going out probably next week with deposit requirements."
So nothing like waiting until the last minute to give us the information about the deposit...I still haven't gotten anything about it.

gewbert

New

Post by gewbert » Wed May 26, 2010 9:25 am

Yea I'm going to say that I'm unsure if I should send the check in yet or not....I'm assuming it's probably the same as before, but no confirmation kinda scares me. Don't want to send a $500 check in when I'm not sure it's needed...

gewbert

New

Post by gewbert » Wed May 26, 2010 11:31 am

Nevermind, looks like extension till the 11th of June!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:22 pm

gewbert wrote:Nevermind, looks like extension till the 11th of June!
Yes, just saw that. Did everyone else get the financial aid letter?

gewbert

New

Post by gewbert » Wed May 26, 2010 10:51 pm

The one listing your stafford loan amount and instructions for signing your master promissory note? Yup, just got that today.

Anyone on the Carlisle campus looking for a roommate/found an apartment yet? I'm planning on heading down in a few weeks to look, hope I can find something good!

triathlete0128

New

Post by triathlete0128 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:27 am

finally joined this site after religiously creeping on the PSU forum. anyone else as excited for university park as i am?

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:08 pm

triathlete0128 wrote:finally joined this site after religiously creeping on the PSU forum. anyone else as excited for university park as i am?

I am! I sent in my second deposit today :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kennexboy

New

Post by Kennexboy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Tomorrow, Wednesday June 2nd at 5:00pm is the last day to register for student football tickets. You have to preregister for the sale which for grad students is June 25th I believe.

Here is the link to the information. You need your PENN STATE ID, but you can call the law school and they can give it to you.

http://www.gopsusports.com/studentcentr ... -2010.html

Sharahy

New

Post by Sharahy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi! I am new to the forum and am starting at Penn State (University City Campus) in the fall. Does anyone know if you buy tickets for a single game rather than for the season if you can still sit in the law school section? I don't really have the money to buy for the whole season and I missed the cut off date anyway. Anyone else in my position?

Sharahy

New

Post by Sharahy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Also, are most people living in the graduate housing for next year? I decided against graduate housing and found a place in the Park Forest Villas on West Aaron drive. Anyone else living in that area?

AG2152

New

Post by AG2152 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I just thought I would mention that I grew up in the State College area...so if there are any questions that anyone has that maybe I could help with, just let me know. I look forward to meeting everyone once classes start!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lordr6747

New

Post by lordr6747 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Anyone staying at the white course apartments?

Kennexboy

New

Post by Kennexboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Sharahy wrote:Hi! I am new to the forum and am starting at Penn State (University City Campus) in the fall. Does anyone know if you buy tickets for a single game rather than for the season if you can still sit in the law school section? I don't really have the money to buy for the whole season and I missed the cut off date anyway. Anyone else in my position?
If you buy a ticket off another student, then you can block them with the law section. Usually when people sell their tickets within the law school, they will usually block the ticket before they even sell the ticket because it just makes things easier (you'll understand once you see how the process works). However, just to be clear, PSU does not sell single game student tickets. Only like 3 games a year have any single game tickets, and they are open to the public and cost like $70.

triathlete0128

New

Post by triathlete0128 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:29 pm

curious to know where the UP students are living. i found/signed a lease for a place off of pugh street downtown. anyone else find housing around there, or are people going the whitecourse route?

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:08 pm

lordr6747 wrote:Anyone staying at the white course apartments?
I am! Are you moving in early?
triathlete0128 wrote:curious to know where the UP students are living. i found/signed a lease for a place off of pugh street downtown. anyone else find housing around there, or are people going the whitecourse route?
Yup, White Course for me...one of the one bedroom family ones.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Does anyone know how much a gym membership is for students at PSU? Also, can non-students get a membership at the facilities?

AG2152

New

Post by AG2152 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 pm

A gym membership for both semesters is about $100. I don't know about the non-student usage for sure, but I do know there are certain facilities that are usually open to the public...the tracks in the IM building and Rec Hall, the volley and basketball courts in IM and the courts in Rec Hall.

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 am

AG2152 wrote:A gym membership for both semesters is about $100. I don't know about the non-student usage for sure, but I do know there are certain facilities that are usually open to the public...the tracks in the IM building and Rec Hall, the volley and basketball courts in IM and the courts in Rec Hall.
Thanks for the info...I was especially wondering about non-students who live on campus (in the White Course), I wonder if they have special memberships for them.

jvc

New

Post by jvc » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Has anyone received the email invite to the informal reception in Washington DC for deposited students? I would love to go but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. Is anyone going to be attending? If it seems like there will be a large turnout, I'll have to do what I can to try and be there.

Also, I just moved out to State College on Tuesday and have been very busy exploring the area and getting a feel for the town. So far, I love it and am more than happy to spend the next three years here. It is different from what I am used to...but in a good way. It seems to have the perfect balance between "stuff to do" and "not many distractions" which I think will be very beneficial to law a student.
jbarl1 wrote:
AG2152 wrote:A gym membership for both semesters is about $100. I don't know about the non-student usage for sure, but I do know there are certain facilities that are usually open to the public...the tracks in the IM building and Rec Hall, the volley and basketball courts in IM and the courts in Rec Hall.
Thanks for the info...I was especially wondering about non-students who live on campus (in the White Course), I wonder if they have special memberships for them.
I asked a few months ago if my girlfriend could somehow gain access to the school gym. They told me there was something called an "affiliate program," which seemed to apply only to spouses because my gf would not be allowed to use the gym (we live off campus). They also said I can't start using the gym until school starts. However, I am going to go in person tomorrow and see if there is anything we can work out to fix both of these problems. I'll keep you updated.

Right now we are using a gym just down the street from the Rec called East Coast Fitness. It's nice and has a good price, but nothing compared to the school gyms. They are BEAUTIFUL!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”