Penn State Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Snowdrifter

New

Penn State Class of 2013

Post by Snowdrifter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Looks like I'm headed to Dickinson School of Law this fall. Anyone else? 8)

I'm admitted to University Park, and may or may not apply for a location change... I'm going to the Open House in a few weeks and will make a campus decision at that time.

jbarl1

Silver

Re: Penn State Class of 2013

Post by jbarl1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:43 am

Snowdrifter wrote:Looks like I'm headed to Dickinson School of Law this fall. Anyone else? 8)

I'm admitted to University Park, and may or may not apply for a location change... I'm going to the Open House in a few weeks and will make a campus decision at that time.
I am about 90% sure I will be at Dickinson as well. I am admitted to University Park and I am pretty sure that is where I want to stay. I assume you'll be at the Open House on the 20th?

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 am

I was going to visit but they are closed next week :(

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Admitted here as well...anybody else going to be at the Carlisle campus? I'm planning to visit during my Spring Break at the end of March.

pantherfan

New

Post by pantherfan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:07 pm

heading to carlise

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Just got my e-mail letter of acceptance. Pretty exciting. I will be at UP because I prefer crowds & large cities. Since I live in Arizona I can't exactly afford to up and fly out there for Open House on such short notice, but I will be going out there probably in May to get a look around before moving this summer.

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm in via status checker and e-mail this morning! My decision is starting to get harder. I'm looking at Penn State vs. American vs. Lewis & Clark ( I am also waitlisted at UIUC.)

Anybody think one of these schools stands out above the rest?

Also, congrats to all the recent admits!

If you chose Penn State, what were some of your deciding factors?

TIA everyone!!

sidewaysglance

New

Post by sidewaysglance » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:01 pm

In via email! Can't wait for the open house on the 20th.

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:05 pm

phoenix323 wrote:I'm in via status checker and e-mail this morning! My decision is starting to get harder. I'm looking at Penn State vs. American vs. Lewis & Clark ( I am also waitlisted at UIUC.)

TIA everyone!!
I was originally really gung-ho about american. I'm on the waitlist now from there but the more I read the less sure I am about american and the more penn state seems like a good option.

I contemplated applying to lewis and clark also but came to the conclusion that I really didn't want to do env. law and if i did i would apply to vermont. Penn state just seem to be a solid school with good prospects, and I like the idea of visiting the amish.

I'm still deciding, but given that I applied/considered the other two schools i thought i'd offer my $0.02

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:14 pm

texlawtex wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:I'm in via status checker and e-mail this morning! My decision is starting to get harder. I'm looking at Penn State vs. American vs. Lewis & Clark ( I am also waitlisted at UIUC.)

TIA everyone!!
I was originally really gung-ho about american. I'm on the waitlist now from there but the more I read the less sure I am about american and the more penn state seems like a good option.

I contemplated applying to lewis and clark also but came to the conclusion that I really didn't want to do env. law and if i did i would apply to vermont. Penn state just seem to be a solid school with good prospects, and I like the idea of visiting the amish.

I'm still deciding, but given that I applied/considered the other two schools i thought i'd offer my $0.02
Thanks!! I am kind of afraid of American after all that has been said about it...

Fsubuckeye

New

Post by Fsubuckeye » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Anyone going to 3/27 open house?

motedust

Bronze

Post by motedust » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey guys, didn't really have time to go through the whole other PSU thread. Anyone know anything about schollys? Just got admitted with a 3.02/168. Would that information come in the mail if I was eligible? I was admitted via e-mail if that helps.

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:51 pm

motedust wrote:Hey guys, didn't really have time to go through the whole other PSU thread. Anyone know anything about schollys? Just got admitted with a 3.02/168. Would that information come in the mail if I was eligible? I was admitted via e-mail if that helps.
Yeah, my admitted e-mail said all of the scholly information would be sent out "next week" along with my formal letter. I guess we should give them credit for putting us out of our misery and waiting for an answer quickly, at least.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:06 am

I was admitted last week and got the packet from PSU in the mail today. If you are offered a scholarship, it will be in the main letter of that packet. Unfortunately they didn't offer me anything :(

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:08 am

motedust wrote:Hey guys, didn't really have time to go through the whole other PSU thread. Anyone know anything about schollys? Just got admitted with a 3.02/168. Would that information come in the mail if I was eligible? I was admitted via e-mail if that helps.
Any scholarship information will come along with the information folder that is sent following acceptance. Good luck!

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:23 am

Those of you that have received your packages in the mail, where are you located? I was admitted last week, but I haven't received anything yet.

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:31 am

Snowdrifter wrote:Looks like I'm headed to Dickinson School of Law this fall. Anyone else? 8)

Hey there, would you mind taking pictures of both campuses and posting them for the benefit of us broke west-coasters?!?!

Thanks!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pjl35

New

Post by pjl35 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:Those of you that have received your packages in the mail, where are you located? I was admitted last week, but I haven't received anything yet.
I'm in Upstate NY...got it yesterday.

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 pm

got my admit package today - socal

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Well, I am a southwest lady, and i am really nervous about most likely moving up to State College, i do not know how well I am going to be able to adjust! But I am confident, being accepted to Villanova, Cardozo, and American, that Penn State is the best place for me, esp. because of the scholarship they offered and the desire to come out of law school with minimal debt. Does this sound like a reasonable decision?

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 am

horriblegb wrote:Well, I am a southwest lady, and i am really nervous about most likely moving up to State College, i do not know how well I am going to be able to adjust! But I am confident, being accepted to Villanova, Cardozo, and American, that Penn State is the best place for me, esp. because of the scholarship they offered and the desire to come out of law school with minimal debt. Does this sound like a reasonable decision?
If they offered you a package that will reduce your law school debt significantly, that is an incredibly important factor to consider. Student loan debt is a nasty, life-ruining experience for hundreds of thousands that you should avoid by all means necessary.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

motedust

Bronze

Post by motedust » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

So the April 1 deposit deadline is coming soon, how nerve wracking!!! My decision from Wake Forest should be coming pretty soon, hopefully before the first so I know what to do. I just got the admitted students page e-mail, unfortunately the ASD is on my bday weekend so I will be missing it!

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 pm

motedust wrote:So the April 1 deposit deadline is coming soon, how nerve wracking!!! My decision from Wake Forest should be coming pretty soon, hopefully before the first so I know what to do. I just got the admitted students page e-mail, unfortunately the ASD is on my bday weekend so I will be missing it!
I am waiting on FSU so I know what to do as well, 3 weeks!

AngelAuthor

New

Post by AngelAuthor » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Just got my packet in the mail today (finally). $10K/year scholarship which isn't nearly enough. Wife and I aren't willing to borrow the rest ($150,000) to go to this school, so I'll be sending my withdrawal and hopefully one of you guys can have it. Best of luck! :mrgreen:

Zarain

New

Post by Zarain » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 am

Congrats for being accepted to Penn State Dickinson. I have been here for 2 years thus far and am really enjoying the experience.

For anyone looking for housing, 2 spots at my house just opened because both of my roommates got jobs outside of town. I need someone who can view the house and sign a lease within the next 3 weeks or so. So it would be a perfect opportunity to lock down prime housing while you visit for the open house. Here is a description:

Downtown 3/br apartment with Huge Furnished Basement $395 a Month

Great brick house on a corner lot, with lots of parking and yard space. 2 Bedrooms available with large furnished basement. Washer and Dryer in house. 1 Min walk to the White Loop which brings you within 5 minutes walking distance to the law school. Just steps from downtown and only 10 minute walk to the football stadium. Utilities average $100 a month or less. Parking is included and is of no extra cost. This house is a gem. I am looking for roommates who would be able to commit to a lease within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Lease Starts July 15, 2010.

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me at aroz.psu@gmail.com

Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”