Case Western Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
texlawtex

New

Re: Case Western Class of 2013

Post by texlawtex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm living like 6 blocks from campus, near the hospital. I am holding out on buying a parking permit and hoping that I will be able to find a space near my apt, and then just walk to the law buidling.

I'm glad to hear about the fitness center, I assume that it is just included with the student services fees.

spitfire935

New

Post by spitfire935 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:52 am

hds2388 wrote:
spitfire935 wrote:
hds2388 wrote:
spitfire935 wrote:I just got a place and signed on for a 2 bedroom. Now looking for a roomate. I'm living on Overlook, b/t Little Italy and Coventry, so a great area and close enough not to need a parking permit. Pm if interested. I'm looking to live with a guy with no pets who doesn't smoke in the apt.

I already have a place, but I'm also living on overlook between Coventry and little Italy, so I was just curious, what building are you living in?
I'm in the Crestview building. It's on Overlook right next to lakeview Apts. How about you?
Im in the Roosevelt building. Google maps says its 367 feet away.
Well I'm sure I'll see you around. Now I've just got to find a roomate. Are you living alone or with somebody?

hds2388

Bronze

Post by hds2388 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:35 pm

spitfire935 wrote:
Well I'm sure I'll see you around. Now I've just got to find a roomate. Are you living alone or with somebody?
I'm living alone. See you around, and good luck.

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Last edited by sapp on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scheveningen

New

Post by Scheveningen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:27 am

sapp wrote:But I'd be interested in knowing when others receive their FA packages.
I am interested in this, too. I have yet to receive my health insurance, financial aid, and pre-orientation packets. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Scheveningen wrote:
sapp wrote:But I'd be interested in knowing when others receive their FA packages.
I am interested in this, too. I have yet to receive my health insurance, financial aid, and pre-orientation packets. Is anyone else in the same boat?
The health insurance stuff was in one of the updates they send out. You should have gotten it. The rest hasn't been sent yet.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Scheveningen wrote:
The health insurance info was sent in an admissions newletter on June 10. (there were some forms to fill out that had a deadline of July 1 so you might want to look into this.) I think the rest will be sent out sometime in July.

spitfire935

New

Post by spitfire935 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Anyone still looking for a roomate?

I have a 2BR on Overlook (20 min walk max) b/t Little Italy and Coventry in Crestview. Top floor, no pets. I don't smoke. It has a balcony and good size bedrooms. The apt is $465 a month plus half of electricity, cooking gas, cable and internet. Heat and water are included. It also has coin laundry in the basement and hardwood floors. I'm looking to live with another 1L guy. If interested, pm me

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm

angioletto wrote:
Scheveningen wrote:
The health insurance info was sent in an admissions newletter on June 10. (there were some forms to fill out that had a deadline of July 1 so you might want to look into this.) I think the rest will be sent out sometime in July.
Shit. I almost never read those newsletters.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Scheveningen

New

Post by Scheveningen » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:27 am

angioletto wrote:
Scheveningen wrote:
That would explain it. Several of those newsletters have wound up in my spam folder. Thanks for the heads up.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 pm

I was in Little Italy today. I was a little sad that I don't get to live there.

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:07 pm

nvm :)
Last edited by sapp on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Total Litigator

Silver

Post by Total Litigator » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:45 am

Hey all, not sure if tls will appreciate me doing this, but I saw some people were still looking for a place to live.

I have to transfer law schools (I really like Case though, its a great school) and I need to sublet my room for my lease that I have until June 2011 (You can have it only until May if you want, as that is when the school year ends).

I am trying to sublet my room in a two bedroom apartment with my old roommate (rising 2L). He's a really cool guy from Union College in New York, originally from Washington in the NW, non-smoker. The apartment is nice, well sized and well put together, an installed heater in every room (no landlord controlled heating), a 15 minute walk from the law school (the apt is located at fairmont blvd & Euclid Heights Blvd intersection) and its 2 minute walk from the local grocery store/shops/restaurants. Rent is $442.5 + utilities (your share would average around $100/month total for electricity and gas).

I can also sell you all my old bedroom furniture for pretty cheap. That being said I have no problem if you don't want to buy the furniture as I can take them with me. The rest of the apartment automatically comes furnished with couches, tables, etc.

Let me know by email at tms107@case.edu, or PM me, if you're interested (I'm in Switzerland right now so the phone call would be long distance) and I'll send you my old roommates contact info and he can show you the place and everything.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lsathelp

Bronze

Post by lsathelp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Has anyone seen the reading assignment.
--LinkRemoved--

What day is everyone planning on attending orientation? I put in for the august 13.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 am

lsathelp wrote:Has anyone seen the reading assignment.
--LinkRemoved--

What day is everyone planning on attending orientation? I put in for the august 13.
I saw that they added this link (and dozens of others) to the admitted students website. I haven't had a chance to go through all of it.

ETA: not sure which day I will do orientation. Probably the 11th or 12th.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 pm

dude... dont worry about that. I am as uptight as they come. so take my advice on that. :lol: lol
I made the mistake of spending 3 hrs a night working on that stuff.
Get your act together when classes start....

lsathelp wrote:Has anyone seen the reading assignment.
--LinkRemoved--

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:47 am

Hey guys let me know if any of yall are in section B. I have all my books for the whole year. Will sell everything + provide outlines and etc. Can show transcript to verify grades if you want...

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Last edited by sapp on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:03 pm

sapp wrote:So I got the highly anticipated "July Packet" that tells all about the step by step process of the loan application etc. It all says to wait to receive my award notification letter. :(

I waited all this time to be told to wait longer. I hope this thing comes in the next day or two!
Did you get the financial aid e-mail to your case.edu account yet?

ETA: it tells you how to access your FA award online.

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:10 am

sapp wrote:So I got the highly anticipated "July Packet" that tells all about the step by step process of the loan application etc. It all says to wait to receive my award notification letter. :(

I waited all this time to be told to wait longer. I hope this thing comes in the next day or two!
If you filed even close to on time, you should have the email in your case account. I got mine like...a week ago. That's your 'award letter'.

EDIT: And I got a paper letter today which completely contradicts the information in the email. However, I am assuming (and confirming with them) that the online information is correct, given that it was revised more recently and that the letter is just...so...wrong. I am guessing for most people it will just be a carbon copy of what's online, unless they screwed it up for everyone. Anyway, do it online.
Last edited by creamedcats on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 pm

I haven't gotten my financial aid e-mail or July packet yet. Pretty much all I've gotten is my parking pass.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:48 pm

creamedcats wrote:

If you filed even close to on time, you should have the email in your case account. I got mine like...a week ago. That's your 'award letter'.

EDIT: And I got a paper letter today which completely contradicts the information in the email. However, I am assuming (and confirming with them) that the online information is correct, given that it was revised more recently and that the letter is just...so...wrong. I am guessing for most people it will just be a carbon copy of what's online, unless they screwed it up for everyone. Anyway, do it online.
I got my paper letter today and it is exactly the same as it was online. The letter isn't from the law school - it is from the director of university financial aid.

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:10 pm

creamedcats wrote:

I did it online per the advice here (thanks!) But today I got my paper award, which doesn't include my scholarship (but the online version did). Did you ever get confirmation that the online info is correct?

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:48 am

sapp wrote:
creamedcats wrote:

I did it online per the advice here (thanks!) But today I got my paper award, which doesn't include my scholarship (but the online version did). Did you ever get confirmation that the online info is correct?
I did. Use what's in the financial aid site, not the letter.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 pm

This is starting to get confusing. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of keeping track of what they had and hadn't sent me, but with the e-mails to my personal e-mail address, my case e-mail address and stuff coming through regular mail it is getting all jumbled up.

Everything that they have sent me and told me to sign or fill out I did right away so that I wouldn't forget.

I filled out and sent in the Loan Remittance Form (blue sheet that came in the mail with a bunch of other stuff). I accepted my financial aid award online and THEN got an e-mail saying that we shouldn't do that until AFTER orientation. Oops.

Today's e-mail (sent to my case account) says to bring the Registration Data Form to orientation. It says this form has recently been e-mailed to us. But I don't have it. Does anyone else? Which e-mail was it in?

I am so excited to be going to Case this fall but I really wish this paperwork and all of this info could have been distributed in a more efficient, less confusing manner. Maybe it is a warm-up to get our brains ready for law school. :roll: :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”