Case Western Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
creamedcats

Bronze

Re: Case Western Class of 2013

Post by creamedcats » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Got mine a few days ago, I think because I was an annoying pest about it. I don't think they're running out of spots, though. You should be alright.

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 am

Does anyone else feel like a return date of July 1st for the Health information packet is kind of a quick turn around requirement?

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Anyone else still waiting on student ID#?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:15 am

angioletto wrote:Anyone else still waiting on student ID#?
I haven't gotten mine. But, I'm fairly sure it's just because I already had one and an e-mail from being an undergrad. Still, I would like for someone to say "nothing is changing."

Arip9

New

Post by Arip9 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Hey,

So I was just in Cleveland for the entering students day and I had a great time. I am most likely going to attend Case but still waiting to hear back from waitlisted schools but even so, id say 95% chance of attending Case.
With that said, I looked around the area (little italy, coventry) and some of the complexes that I received brochures from (triangle, forget what the others are called). I am searching for potential roomates and places to live.

Is there a group on facebook for ppl entering Case Western this fall because I was searching and couldnt find.

Anyways, I am 24 year old Male from Baltimore and looking to live with at least one other person preferably in a complex with other law/graduate students. I feel facebook would be easier to find suitable roomates but like I said I could not find the group page. If that does not exist or if there are others reading this forum who would like to get in touch with me, respond to this post and Ill gladly send you my e-mail/facebook and we can figure it out.

Thanks a lot for your help and good luck to those who have everything figured out,

Ari

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Arip9 wrote:Hey,

So I was just in Cleveland for the entering students day and I had a great time. I am most likely going to attend Case but still waiting to hear back from waitlisted schools but even so, id say 95% chance of attending Case.
With that said, I looked around the area (little italy, coventry) and some of the complexes that I received brochures from (triangle, forget what the others are called). I am searching for potential roomates and places to live.

Is there a group on facebook for ppl entering Case Western this fall because I was searching and couldnt find.

Anyways, I am 24 year old Male from Baltimore and looking to live with at least one other person preferably in a complex with other law/graduate students. I feel facebook would be easier to find suitable roomates but like I said I could not find the group page. If that does not exist or if there are others reading this forum who would like to get in touch with me, respond to this post and Ill gladly send you my e-mail/facebook and we can figure it out.

Thanks a lot for your help and good luck to those who have everything figured out,

Ari
Hi. Yes, there is a facebook page. There is a link to it on the first page of this thread. :D

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 am

snowpeach06 wrote:
angioletto wrote:Anyone else still waiting on student ID#?
I haven't gotten mine. But, I'm fairly sure it's just because I already had one and an e-mail from being an undergrad. Still, I would like for someone to say "nothing is changing."
I'm still waiting on mine. I've submitted everything on time and did not already have a student ID#. So...not really sure whats going on. If I don't have it by next Monday I'll probably call and see whats going on.

EDIT: Just got my "Case Network ID"

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:27 pm

sapp wrote:I have yet to receive any type of ID or SIS #.

Ditto. I suppose that I am among the handful that have not...

5/15 got it, now learning the sysem
Last edited by texlawtex on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arip9

New

Post by Arip9 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:16 pm

angioletto,

Thank you haha i did not notice that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

I finally got my Case network ID today.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Woot! Got mine!!

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14 am

I'm having difficulty parting with $800-$900 to pay for parking. Does anyone know if it is difficult to buy permits per semester and get the same lot for fall and spring?

Also, I'm looking at lots 29 and 54. What does the "S" mean? I noticed that lots are listed differently on the Parking Lot Map than they are on the select permit page. Do the extra letters attached to the parking lot number signify different lots?

Last question: Some of the lots say "Full Time Cash." Does that mean anything?

I never knew buying a parking permit would be so complicated, lol.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 am

a little tip.

You guys should strongly consider living at the Triangle. It's expensive, but being able to take a nap during lunch break is priceless. Trust me, you wouldnt regret it.

There is free parking at the triangle. If you have a 1BR they give oyu 2 spots. 2BR 4 spots.

Also, this might be contrary to what other people tell you, but I would also suggest you find a roomate who is a 2 or 3L. They can provide you with valuable advice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:38 am

thexfactor wrote:a little tip.

You guys should strongly consider living at the Triangle. It's expensive, but being able to take a nap during lunch break is priceless. Trust me, you wouldnt regret it.

There is free parking at the triangle. If you have a 1BR they give oyu 2 spots. 2BR 4 spots.

Also, this might be contrary to what other people tell you, but I would also suggest you find a roomate who is a 2 or 3L. They can provide you with valuable advice.
Unfortunately the Triangle doesn't allow dogs :(

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:40 am

roguey wrote:I'm having difficulty parting with $800-$900 to pay for parking. Does anyone know if it is difficult to buy permits per semester and get the same lot for fall and spring?

Also, I'm looking at lots 29 and 54. What does the "S" mean? I noticed that lots are listed differently on the Parking Lot Map than they are on the select permit page. Do the extra letters attached to the parking lot number signify different lots?

Last question: Some of the lots say "Full Time Cash." Does that mean anything?

I never knew buying a parking permit would be so complicated, lol.
I've never been able to get just one semesters worth - but, you can call access services to ask. S just means Structure. And, I have no idea what full time cash means. But yeah, I also looked into Botanical gardens parking. Which seemed awesome, but then I realized that you can't park there on weekends, or late at night (if you purchase an extra thing though, you can stay until 11PM - which I assume would be late enough). Plus, you can't park in the lot behind the gym after hours. So, I canceled my permit, thinking the botanical gardens would be better, but now I'm thinking I should get the Case one again, so I don't have to be like "ohh, parking is about to run out, gotta leave." I think my main issue though, was how hard it is to get out of the lot on ford road during rush hour. I should just suck it up.
thexfactor wrote:a little tip.

I think parking and proximity are the only things the triangle have going for them. The apartments are small, and not very nice. I got something a million times nicer for just over half the price.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:49 am

Snowpeach, lot 54=Ford, right? How is lot 29? What do you think of 29?

Thank you for your help!!! I mean it!!! Oh, did you go to the entering students day? I was kinda lost with all the people, but I don't think I met anyone from here, lol.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 am

roguey wrote:Snowpeach, lot 54=Ford, right? How is lot 29? What do you think of 29?

Thank you for your help!!! I mean it!!! Oh, did you go to the entering students day? I was kinda lost with all the people, but I don't think I met anyone from here, lol.
no im sure you did. ;)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 am

thexfactor wrote:
roguey wrote:Snowpeach, lot 54=Ford, right? How is lot 29? What do you think of 29?

no im sure you did. ;)
Ok... now that scares me :) I probably did, but I'm often flighty and forgetful.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 am

roguey wrote:
thexfactor wrote:

no im sure you did. ;)
Ok... now that scares me :) I probably did, but I'm often flighty and forgetful.
well maybe you didnt meet me... if you were paying attention,you prob saw me there.
Last edited by thexfactor on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 am

Yeah, 54 is ford road. 29 is Severance and its fine too. I mean, maybe it's a few minutes further away, but it's not bad. You can cut through the CIA parking lot. I'm thinking it might be good in that it's not on a major road, so it's easy to get out of. The thing about ford road is it lets out right before a traffic light. So when people line up at the light during rush hour, it can easily take you two long lights to get out. At other times it's fine. Both lots are basically the same price, and are fairly close (as is botanical gardens) so I need to figure out what I want to do. I should flip a coin or something because I suck at making decisions.

Ohh, and I was. But, I don't think I met people from here either. Although, there really isn't any way of knowing. It's like not TLS was written on our foreheads or anything, and I didn't bring it up in any conversations. I must say though, being in a room with 200 people you don't know and trying to meet them and be friendly is really quite awkward and overwhelming.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 am

snowpeach06 wrote:

Yeah, 54 is ford road. 29 is Severance and its fine too. I mean, maybe it's a few minutes further away, but it's not bad. You can cut through the CIA parking lot. I'm thinking it might be good in that it's not on a major road, so it's easy to get out of. The thing about ford road is it lets out right before a traffic light. So when people line up at the light during rush hour, it can easily take you two long lights to get out. At other times it's fine. Both lots are basically the same price, and are fairly close (as is botanical gardens) so I need to figure out what I want to do. I should flip a coin or something because I suck at making decisions.

Ohh, and I was. But, I don't think I met people from here either. Although, there really isn't any way of knowing. It's like not TLS was written on our foreheads or anything, and I didn't bring it up in any conversations. I must say though, being in a room with 200 people you don't know and trying to meet them and be friendly is really quite awkward and overwhelming.
Thank you!!! That is very helpful. Now to find $800 on top of my already tight budget. Thank goodness for overtime or I'd never be able to afford moving.

I'm always overwhelmed by attempting to meet new people at functions that large where I don't know anyone. I usually start at the smoking area and extend from there. I've found that smoker camaraderie is universal, lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 am

Oh... and one more question :) You said it's best to have the permit mailed to you... any idea when they mail them? I don't know where I will be living yet, but I know it won't be here. I can probably get it mailed to my mom though. She works for fed ex, so she can express mail it to me for $5. Hmm... actually, that's not such a bad idea!

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 am

Did you guys meet any professors there?
roguey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:

Thank you!!! That is very helpful. Now to find $800 on top of my already tight budget. Thank goodness for overtime or I'd never be able to afford moving.

I'm always overwhelmed by attempting to meet new people at functions that large where I don't know anyone. I usually start at the smoking area and extend from there. I've found that smoker camaraderie is universal, lol.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:25 am

I paid for my permit for just the fall semester. I hope it isn't a problem for me to renew the same permit for spring.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 am

thexfactor wrote:Did you guys meet any professors there?
I met Professors Scharf and Hoffman.

angioletto wrote:I paid for my permit for just the fall semester. I hope it isn't a problem for me to renew the same permit for spring.
I was thinking about doing the same. Maybe thexfactor can tell us how easy/difficult it is to renew the permit?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”