Case Western Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
angioletto

Bronze

Case Western Class of 2013

Post by angioletto » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:32 pm

I know there are a few of us out there who have committed to Case. It is such a relief to finally know which school I will be attending and very exciting knowing that that school is Case. I can't wait to get started!

ETA:

Here is a link to the FB page created by civey2:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 540&ref=ts

texlawtex

New

Re: Case Western Class of 2013

Post by texlawtex » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Aha I love having the ability to post here! Im planning on visiting soon, any suggestions eating, drinking, sightseeing wise?

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:38 pm

texlawtex wrote:Aha I love having the ability to post here! Im planning on visiting soon, any suggestions eating, drinking, sightseeing wise?
That sort of depends. When are you coming? (now, when it is snowy, or in a few weeks when it might be nicer outside?) Where will you be staying? Are you looking to stay close to the Case campus or planning on venturing into downtown Cleveland?

There are the typical downtown Cleveland tourist spots: Rock Hall, Great Lake Science Center. Closer to Case there are some museums. I don't know much about great places to eat or drink, except for that I know they do exist. Michael Symon from Iron Chef America on Food Network is from Cleveland and owns two restaurants in the city: Lola and Lolita. I've never been but that could be a neat thing to do on your first visit.

Are you from Texas? I am guessing you are. Bring a warm coat.

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'm coming in about two weeks and your assumption was correct, I am from texas. I'll make sure to bring a coat, even though we did get snow here like a week ago ?? screwy

alannak

New

Post by alannak » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:39 am

If I stay in the Hampton Inn which I think is in downtown Cleveland, do you know how much a taxi would cost to get to the campus? Or public transportation?

Who else is going to ASW? ???? :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:52 am

alannak wrote:If I stay in the Hampton Inn which I think is in downtown Cleveland, do you know how much a taxi would cost to get to the campus? Or public transportation?

Who else is going to ASW? ???? :-)
I have no idea on the cost of taxis or public transportation. I grew up in the country so I have never even used a taxi or a bus. My best guess is that RTA (busline) is cheaper.

I am planning to go to ASW. Is there any info other than the dates? Is it a two-day event, or two days in a row of the same thing?
Last edited by angioletto on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spitfire935

New

Post by spitfire935 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:53 pm

angioletto wrote:
There are the typical downtown Cleveland tourist spots: Rock Hall, Great Lake Science Center. Closer to Case there are some museums. I don't know much about great places to eat or drink, except for that I know they do exist. Michael Symon from Iron Chef America on Food Network is from Cleveland and owns two restaurants in the city: Lola and Lolita. I've never been but that could be a neat thing to do on your first visit.
Michael Symon also opened up B Spot on the east side (B for burgers, brats, and beers). Very good. I am visiting this upcoming Friday and am looking at Case as well as attending Cleveland Marshall's ASW. I need to figure out where I fit in more. Anyone from the area, is there something I should know that would more easily qualify one school over the other?

realworldescapee

New

Post by realworldescapee » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Last edited by realworldescapee on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

richmondguy3000

New

Post by richmondguy3000 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Dude, you need to go to case, all holds barred. Cleveland State is a TTTTTTToilet for sure. I went to Tri-C for my paralegal degree in Cleveland and had internship with Cleveland State Law grads. Neither of them could find a job, so they started their own firm...they kept facking up (forgetting to file an appeal timely or show up in court) and were making no money - it was 7 years ago and they are still not making any money, trying to get buy on making K-1 visas for 1g a pop... Bastards did not pay me for internship either, I reported them to my program dean and she was not happy, as it was an expectation that the practicum firm will pay something at least. Sorry losers who are after free labor for answering their telephone... If you cannot do better you should go to Case 4 sure.

If you stay in a hotel downtown close to Euclid Ave you will be wise to take a bus to Case. RTA is fairly good in Cleve, I used to use it to go from Cleveland Heights to downtown all the time, not bad at all. Just research their website and you will be good. Between E30th street (downtown) and E 114th street (Case) there is a horrible, squalid ghetto. They have been renovating it but not sure how far they got. So you will be fine on the bus, just keep it in mind and be safe.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:35 pm

have they sent out the invite for the ASW yet?

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:53 pm

The b spot... that sounds like where im going.

How does the stipend work, do I need to submit somethin prior to leaving or do i like bring the online paperwork and recepits etc. I was kind of confused, then again I didn't spen a great deal of time reading it.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:28 pm

As far as choosing between Case and CM, that will be based on your own personal preferences. There are differences in rankings, tuition and program offerings and for me there was a huge difference in scholarship offers.

If you are visiting both I think you will quickly see that there is a different feel to each campus. CM is directly in the middle of downtown Cleveland and has a very "big city" feel to it while Case is off to the side of the city and feels a bit more "college campus/cultural area."

So from there I think it is totally based on preference. I personally didn't like the fact that CM was right in the city, while others would probably love that. I didn't make my decision entirely based on that, but it was a factor.

Scheveningen

New

Post by Scheveningen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 pm

sarlis wrote:have they sent out the invite for the ASW yet?
Last week I received an invitation by e-mail to attend an optional event during ASW, and at the bottom it said, "Official invitation and details to Preview Weekend will follow." Hopefully those details will be communicated this week.

Edit: I called the Admissions Office today (March 1) and was told that the invitations will be mailed this afternoon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

realworldescapee

New

Post by realworldescapee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Last edited by realworldescapee on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scheveningen

New

Post by Scheveningen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

realworldescapee wrote:Mailed or E-mailed (if they specified)?
It sounded like they would be mailing hard copies.

alannak

New

Post by alannak » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 am

I called earlier today---

law.case.edu/preview

wooooo i hope I will get to meet floyd, pet police horses, and will be offered my own cooking show while i am in cleveland!

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am

I got an e-mail today about the Preview weekend and it says at the bottom that invitations are in the mail too.

It sounds like there are a lot of neat things planned. I am hoping to be able to come both days.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:11 pm

haha visit finally scheduled. I'm leaving 65 degree sunshine.... ahhhh

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Hey just a question for clevelandites or students: Is coventry village open in March, it looks like a really cool place but is it still too cold?

Nat1018

Bronze

Post by Nat1018 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Has anyone had any luck negotiating merit aid?

nateborland

New

Post by nateborland » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Got in today - considering visiting ASW, but it's kind of short notice... anyone else going?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Scheveningen

New

Post by Scheveningen » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 pm

nateborland wrote:Got in today - considering visiting ASW, but it's kind of short notice... anyone else going?
I plan to be there.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Scheveningen wrote:
nateborland wrote:Got in today - considering visiting ASW, but it's kind of short notice... anyone else going?
I plan to be there.
+1. only for saturday, though.

nateborland

New

Post by nateborland » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 am

I think I'm going to try to make it there. 10 hour drive from Des Moines, IA. Figure I'll leave on Thursday afternoon/evening, then spend Friday and Saturday night in Cleveland before driving back Sunday to get back in the office by Monday. Going to be a quick few days!

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 am

For those who haven't noticed, the tuition info on the website has been updated for the 2010-2011 school year.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”