Case Western Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
sapp

Bronze

Re: Case Western Class of 2013

Post by sapp » Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
sapp wrote::oops: Maybe the flu is making me blind or maybe it's not up anywhere yet, but I can't find an academic calendar for the 2010-2011 year that shows when holidays/study days/finals/etc are.

A little help?

EDIT: I can see the Upcoming Events and the single month calendar on the home page, but I'm looking for a listing of all the "events" for the academic year.
http://www.case.edu/provost/registrar/c ... 5year.html
I think this counts the law school too.

Thanks so much!

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Ah, I see that I am older than everyone currently listed in the roommate finder. Farewell, misspent youth. :|

nick637

Bronze

Post by nick637 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:27 pm

anyone see the itinerary for june 11? Nothing from Career services? Hopefully they have something planned for June 12 right?

edit: guess not

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Just put in my second seat deposit, primarily because of a nagging fear that I'll put it off and put it off, if for no other reason that I procrastinate on everything, and then June 15th will come and go, and I'll forget.

So now with this 100% official thing, I think I'm gonna head to Cleveland a few days before the Admitted Students day and finish my apartment hunt once and for all. I think I've finally found a few promising places... hope I don't lose 'um.

macaulian

New

Post by macaulian » Tue May 25, 2010 4:08 pm

nick637 wrote:anyone see the itinerary for june 11? Nothing from Career services? Hopefully they have something planned for June 12 right?

edit: guess not

I think we should organize a cookout for the 12th

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nick637

Bronze

Post by nick637 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Lol something at least.

macaulian

New

Post by macaulian » Wed May 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey everyone. I am going to throw a party/cookout on June 12th since case doesnt have anything planned that day. My place is a couple blocks from the law school in little italy. I just wanted to let everyone know now in case you are still scheduling flights and what not.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:25 am

This thing is dead. Anyone going up a few days early for Admitted students day?

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:20 am

Unfortunately, no. My boss is in Bali for a month, so I'm working super, mega overtime right now. While I need the money for the move to Cleveland... the hours are killing my soul. I'll be there from Thursday night (probably late) until Sunday morning.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:44 am

roguey wrote:Unfortunately, no. My boss is in Bali for a month, so I'm working super, mega overtime right now. While I need the money for the move to Cleveland... the hours are killing my soul. I'll be there from Thursday night (probably late) until Sunday morning.
You can look at it like you're preparing for law school, and what this website leads me to believe is it's equally soul-crushing amount of studying.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:37 pm

If this is what law school is like... then, right on! Oh wait... you don't get overtime pay in law school, do you? Dang it :( My poor boss. I've worked 14 hours of overtime in the past 3 days. I'm pooped.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:07 pm

I posted this on the facebook group but I figured I'd repost here. It's what I learned about parking combined with my own 2 cents.

Lot S54 is at Ford Road and Euclid. - Probably the closest at about 2 blocks from the law school. However, when there is traffic it can be a bitch to get out of. And it's $900 for the year.

Lot S 29 is under Severance Hall. Just as expensive as Ford pretty much, and perhaps a few minutes further, but, nicer.

Lot S46 is on E. 116th street. - The furthest away, but the cheapest by around $100-$150. About an 10 minute walk. There is a shuttle that stops in front of PBL (the business building) but, they aren't very reliable.

Last, but not least: there should be an option to have your permit mailed to you. TAKE THIS OPTION. I've literally waited 3 hours in years past, to pick up my permit that I'd already paid for.

I personally just got Lot 54; but, I'm going to check it out when I go tomorrow and make sure that the Severance lot isn't better. And by better I mean: has wide spaces, because I'm not the best at parking.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:07 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:I posted this on the facebook group but I figured I'd repost here. It's what I learned about parking combined with my own 2 cents.

Lot S54 is at Ford Road and Euclid. - Probably the closest at about 2 blocks from the law school. However, when there is traffic it can be a bitch to get out of. And it's $900 for the year.

Lot S 29 is under Severance Hall. Just as expensive as Ford pretty much, and perhaps a few minutes further, but, nicer.

Lot S46 is on E. 116th street. - The furthest away, but the cheapest by around $100-$150. About an 10 minute walk. There is a shuttle that stops in front of PBL (the business building) but, they aren't very reliable.

Last, but not least: there should be an option to have your permit mailed to you. TAKE THIS OPTION. I've literally waited 3 hours in years past, to pick up my permit that I'd already paid for.

I personally just got Lot 54; but, I'm going to check it out when I go tomorrow and make sure that the Severance lot isn't better. And by better I mean: has wide spaces, because I'm not the best at parking.
[strike]Thanks for the info, but where did you get these rates from? On the website it says S46 is $71.75 (monthly) so for the year it would be closer to $700.[/strike]

NM. RC fail. You were saying it was $100-150 CHEAPER.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 pm

angioletto wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:I posted this on the facebook group but I figured I'd repost here. It's what I learned about parking combined with my own 2 cents.

[strike]Thanks for the info, but where did you get these rates from? On the website it says S46 is $71.75 (monthly) so for the year it would be closer to $700.[/strike]

I WISH it was only $150/year. It kind of pains me to spend so much money on parking.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:32 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
angioletto wrote:

I WISH it was only $150/year. It kind of pains me to spend so much money on parking.
Seriously! I only paid $120/semester at my UG except for when I took classes at their CC branch where parking was FREE.

I do feel physical pain over how much this will cost.

spitfire935

New

Post by spitfire935 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm planning on living in Little Italy and walking or biking daily. When it gets too cold, I'll buy monthly parking. Why wouldn't more people just do that? Also, the botanical garden is only $5 a day I think, so that would be $100/month, but if you only need it for half of january, feb, march thats $250 plus a few extra cold days or days you just don't feel like walking

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:05 am

spitfire935 wrote:I'm planning on living in Little Italy and walking or biking daily. When it gets too cold, I'll buy monthly parking. Why wouldn't more people just do that? Also, the botanical garden is only $5 a day I think, so that would be $100/month, but if you only need it for half of january, feb, march thats $250 plus a few extra cold days or days you just don't feel like walking
I won't be living close enough to campus to walk.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:45 pm

We can reserve parking spots now. I got lot 29 (didn't give me any other choices, actually). It may seem like an absurd amount of money (and it is) but $1000 is a bargain for the singular privilege of not living at the Triangle. :wink:

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:25 pm

creamedcats wrote:We can reserve parking spots now. I got lot 29 (didn't give me any other choices, actually). It may seem like an absurd amount of money (and it is) but $1000 is a bargain for the singular privilege of not living at the Triangle. :wink:
Yeah, the triangle was really overpriced. Not worth it at all.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:24 am

creamedcats wrote:We can reserve parking spots now. I got lot 29 (didn't give me any other choices, actually). It may seem like an absurd amount of money (and it is) but $1000 is a bargain for the singular privilege of not living at the Triangle. :wink:
Did you get your student ID# already?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Guys, I'm so excited, I just got the most AMAZING apartment. It's seriously gorgeous, and completely redone, stainless steel appliances, new heat/ac unit, new windows with tons of light, tons of closets. Such a relief. Now I just need to find a roomie. Actually, I guess I'll take this opportunity to say, if anyone is interested - feel free to send me a message, and I can send you some pictures of the place/give more details/tell you about myself, ect. Ohh, I should also mention that it's $900/mo + utilities. But, I'll be taking the slightly larger room, so I'd be willing to pay a bit more of the rent. Maybe a $400/$500 split or something.

Also, the owner of the building actually has two more units. He told me if I could find someone for them he'd drop my rent, so it's worth a try. Both are two bedrooms, on Mayfield Rd. right before Coventry. About 1-1.5 miles from the law school, and walkable to Coventry. The nicest one is 1k, with stainless steel appliances, granite, lots of light, covered parking. I actually have some pictures I could send. I also think he would be willing to negotiate, so if anyone is interested, you could probably get it for $850-900 (which sounds like a lot, but when you split it, it actually isn't). I got him to do $900/mo. The second one is on the ground floor and only $750. It's not as nice as the more expensive one, but, I've literally looked at 30 different apartments, and it is by far the nicest one I've found in the under $850 price range. He redid the kitchen and bathroom. It has the same layout as the ones above it. Only differences is that there is carpet instead of hard wood, and instead of granite there is something else in the kitchen. I think there are different closet doors. I can't actually remember all the differences, but I looked at it for myself, and liked it. So again, if anyone is interested send me a message. Or, if you see me Friday.

Anyway, that's my long schpeal of excitement/trying to be a salesperson. Sorry. And see you on Friday!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

macaulian

New

Post by macaulian » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:03 pm

So I got my id and sis number just now. I went to access services in Crawford.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:28 pm

macaulian wrote:So I got my id and sis number just now. I went to access services in Crawford.
For some reason I just assumed they would give us ID's during orientation.

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:18 pm

I have yet to receive any type of ID or SIS #.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm

sapp wrote:I have yet to receive any type of ID or SIS #.
Ditto. Not expecting my SIS # until next week, but some people have posted on the FB page that they got theirs already so now I feel unimportant. :cry: Really I am just anxious to reserve my parking permit.

This Friday is coming up quickly. I am excited to see the campus now that the flowers have bloomed and there are leaves on the trees!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”