University of Florida Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
ram jam

Bronze

Re: University of Florida Class of 2013

Post by ram jam » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:32 am

After casebooks and 1-2 supps per class, plus the legal research books and workbooks, I will spend near $700 on amazon for 'very good' items. This is expensive stuff, but the bright side is that we can sell this stuff back and recoup at least half of what we intend to spend. It's not a total loss.

scottstot

New

Post by scottstot » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:03 pm

I asked around for something fun/relaxing to do in Gainesville and I heard Ginnie Springs was pretty legit. Anyone been there before?

UFstudent

New

Post by UFstudent » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 pm

scottstot wrote:I asked around for something fun/relaxing to do in Gainesville and I heard Ginnie Springs was pretty legit. Anyone been there before?
I love tubing!!!
I have never been to this place, I'll ask the people I know up there.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:33 pm

UFstudent wrote:
scottstot wrote:I asked around for something fun/relaxing to do in Gainesville and I heard Ginnie Springs was pretty legit. Anyone been there before?
I love tubing!!!
I have never been to this place, I'll ask the people I know up there.
Ginnie Springs is SO fun. Camping and tubing is ftw. Some people even bring blow up pools and float down the river with like 10 people and a beer ball. Really fun place to spend a weekend, and the water is naturally always 70 degrees and extremely clear. You can even dive in the springs if you're into that.

lawandorderfan

New

Post by lawandorderfan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Roomate found.
Last edited by lawandorderfan on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

UFstudent

New

Post by UFstudent » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm

mistergoft wrote:
UFstudent wrote:books ordered $371.35, but I still need Selections for Contracts ($41) and Bluebook ($32).
Is this about what everyone is spending?
Christ I spent almost triple that on books. Being a new book elitist is costly, apparently.
My books are starting to come in, they look great. I heart amazon! I'll have to get those other two books after I move to Gville in 6 days. I hope they all come in b4 I leave.

Is anyone gonna be up there next weekend?

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 pm

UFstudent wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
UFstudent wrote:books ordered $371.35, but I still need Selections for Contracts ($41) and Bluebook ($32).
Christ I spent almost triple that on books. Being a new book elitist is costly, apparently.
My books are starting to come in, they look great. I heart amazon! I'll have to get those other two books after I move to Gville in 6 days. I hope they all come in b4 I leave.

I am going to try to arrange something fun next weekend with a bunch of other 2Ls. Maybe a bbq or something. You're welcome to join.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Sending the pictures in and having USF make the ID's for us and hand them out during orientation is FTW!!

UFstudent

New

Post by UFstudent » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 pm

mistergoft wrote:
UFstudent wrote:
mistergoft wrote:

I am going to try to arrange something fun next weekend with a bunch of other 2Ls. Maybe a bbq or something. You're welcome to join.
woohoo party!. I'd love to come.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Hope all the moving plans & moving-in is going well.. Just a reminder the get together i'm hosting is on eve of Sun the 15th.. I need anyone interested to pm me so i can give u details.... also to know how much beer to buy. (im providing). getting pumped about school starting. we moved yesterday and now the headache of unpacking!!!

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 am

All those in Section 3, Wolf has a first day assignment up now

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:50 am

One last note, i need RSVPs for the pre-school get together by this weekend!!! Good luck to everyone getting settled in!

tebow4president

New

Post by tebow4president » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 pm

On the offchance anyone is still looking for a place, posted this to the FB group as well:

Hey, just thought I would throw this out there. Have 2 bedrooms left open in a 3/2. The unit is at Campus Edge, about 10 minutes total (bus into center of campus + 2 minute walk to the law building - the unit is literally on the edge, campus side of archer).

Going to the LS next year and am very quiet so living with a law student would be a perfect setup for all parties involved. Utilities + internet usually run about 60 per month per person. Feel free to message me if you are interested or have any other questions

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 am

So, the second week is drawing to a close. How is everyone doing so far?

Mrdicknixon

New

Post by Mrdicknixon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:42 am

Im down to either Florida (75% scholly) or Emory (50% scholly). Obviously, the price at UF is great. I'm attending the (infuriatingly late) admitted students day on April 13th and making a decision that weekend. Basically its up to UF to convince me that their incredibly low-cost JD opens up enough doors for me. Only 20 students breaking a six fig salary seems rather scary to me.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:45 am

Mrdicknixon wrote:Im down to either Florida (75% scholly) or Emory (50% scholly). Obviously, the price at UF is great. I'm attending the (infuriatingly late) admitted students day on April 13th and making a decision that weekend. Basically its up to UF to convince me that their incredibly low-cost JD opens up enough doors for me. Only 20 students breaking a six fig salary seems rather scary to me.
What is your total cost of attendance at both schools? Where are you from/where do you have significant ties?

Mrdicknixon

New

Post by Mrdicknixon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:48 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Mrdicknixon wrote:Im down to either Florida (75% scholly) or Emory (50% scholly). Obviously, the price at UF is great. I'm attending the (infuriatingly late) admitted students day on April 13th and making a decision that weekend. Basically its up to UF to convince me that their incredibly low-cost JD opens up enough doors for me. Only 20 students breaking a six fig salary seems rather scary to me.
What is your total cost of attendance at both schools? Where are you from/where do you have significant ties?

In state at FL. End cost will be around 45,000 at FL. and 135,000 at emory. Whenever I write that down my choice leans strongly to the former.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:52 am

I would make a topic for it to get a wide range of opinions, but quite frankly at that price Emory is not worth it; Florida is. If law school is six-figures or bust for you (which is perfectly fine), I suggest retaking and seeking to crack the T14/Vandy/WUSTL barrier. If you are intent on this year, I think it will be in your best interests to attend UF. You have ties to Florida and while big ticket jobs out of OCI may be a bit harder to come by than at Emory, a little bit of legwork will likely net you a good to great job somewhere in the state.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”