Michigan State Law Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
kgb49

New

Michigan State Law Class of 2013

Post by kgb49 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 am

Anyone got in yet, and if so are you going to attend? anything Michigan sate goes here.

oberlin08

Bronze

Re: Michigan State Law Class of 2013

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Tag.

I'm supposedly getting re-reviewed in February (Now)

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm

And now that I thought about MSU - just checked my status checker again, and the status date changed to today.

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:49 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Tag.

I'm supposedly getting re-reviewed in February (Now)

re-reviewed why?

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Its just an admissions Deferral. They didnt want to reject or admit me back in december when they reviewed me the first time, so they sent me a letter saying they will re-review.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:20 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Its just an admissions Deferral. They didnt want to reject or admit me back in december when they reviewed me the first time, so they sent me a letter saying they will re-review.

what are you numbers?

als06h

New

Post by als06h » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 pm

kgb49 wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:Its just an admissions Deferral. They didnt want to reject or admit me back in december when they reviewed me the first time, so they sent me a letter saying they will re-review.

what are you numbers?

Really now with your avatar??

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

kgb49 wrote:

what are you numbers?

2.7, 150, AA URM, two killer LORs, great WE

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm

anyone going to the march 19th ASD?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 pm

als06h wrote:
kgb49 wrote:

what are you numbers?

Really now with your avatar??

no love?

brianmck16

New

Post by brianmck16 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Waitlisted here. 150 LSAT, 3.51 GPA

Genesis

New

Post by Genesis » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Current Status: Incomplete-Awaiting February LSAT Report
Current Status Date: 1/30/2010

I had a 151 and my UGPA sucks, so maybe this is a good thing that I didnt get auto-rejected???

michigan_chris

New

Post by michigan_chris » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Im thinking of applying to Michigan State Law School. Have any of you visited the Law School?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Genesis

New

Post by Genesis » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 pm

michigan_chris wrote:Im thinking of applying to Michigan State Law School. Have any of you visited the Law School?
I have a couple times. What do you want to know?

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:12 am

Genesis wrote:
michigan_chris wrote:Im thinking of applying to Michigan State Law School. Have any of you visited the Law School?

hows the campus, city, and people there?

moviechicka

New

Post by moviechicka » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 am

I got in with a full scholarship, but I'm likely to withdraw soon because I was also accepted to Georgia. I hope some gets my spot. :)

URM 152/3.5
4.0 Grad school GPA
MA Communications
Assistant Editor for a National Magazine

Genesis

New

Post by Genesis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:46 am

kgb49 wrote:
Genesis wrote:

hows the campus, city, and people there?
Well I live about 30 min from there so I know alot of people that went/go to undergrad and they're all really great and down to earth overall in my experience. Not pretentious or anything (read UofM) :lol: . I cant speak specifically to the law school crowd there but Im assuming it will still be pretty similar. The campus is HUGE but that doesnt really matter since your life will be confined to one building only. The campus has a nice collegial feel to it with lots of trees and decent architecture. East Lansing is smaller but has a good variety of bars (dive & sports), restaurants etc. Some of them within pretty decent walking distance from the campus. Then just a short drive you have a nice outdoor mall with restaurants like PF Changs, Bravo and other big chain places. Overall I would say its pretty typical of a big state school town.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kgb49

New

Post by kgb49 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 pm

anyone heard form the school yet, it is taking too long!

lawlawlawlaw

New

Post by lawlawlawlaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:57 pm

hey everyone, new poster here. I'm from Michigan, 161-3.5, accepted to MSU with 75 percent scholly plus 7500 dollar stipend for first year.

Ok, so first, i applied really early and i had good numbers and after january came around i hadn't heard anything i decided to call the law school... turns out they misfiled my application and told me over the phone i'd been accepted, with scholarship, so if you haven't heard anything yet i would give them a call... they're honestly some of the friendliest staff members i've come across, and i've applied to 35+ schools.

Second, i'm wondering what everyone thinks about MSU in general? I've decided that if i'm staying in state i'm going to msu over wayne, for a number of personal reasons, but the bigger question is "If i know i want to practice in michigan in the future, is MSU a better choice than some of the other schools i've been accepted to? (University of Maryland, Loyola-Chicago, Pepperdine, USD...)"

Looking for advice from anyone, and particularly if someone else is in a similar situation where they have other/higher ranked schools, but love michigan... what do you do?

Thanks Everyone... and i know this is a MSU LAW CLASS 2013 forum, but what better place to ask this question.

-BoneZ-

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 am

lawlawlawlaw wrote:hey everyone, new poster here. I'm from Michigan, 161-3.5, accepted to MSU with 75 percent scholly plus 7500 dollar stipend for first year.

Ok, so first, i applied really early and i had good numbers and after january came around i hadn't heard anything i decided to call the law school... turns out they misfiled my application and told me over the phone i'd been accepted, with scholarship, so if you haven't heard anything yet i would give them a call... they're honestly some of the friendliest staff members i've come across, and i've applied to 35+ schools.

Second, i'm wondering what everyone thinks about MSU in general? I've decided that if i'm staying in state i'm going to msu over wayne, for a number of personal reasons, but the bigger question is "If i know i want to practice in michigan in the future, is MSU a better choice than some of the other schools i've been accepted to? (University of Maryland, Loyola-Chicago, Pepperdine, USD...)"

Looking for advice from anyone, and particularly if someone else is in a similar situation where they have other/higher ranked schools, but love michigan... what do you do?

Thanks Everyone... and i know this is a MSU LAW CLASS 2013 forum, but what better place to ask this question.

-BoneZ-
I say, if you want to practice in state, and you didnt get into U Mich, or a T10 school, go to MSU. (Or Wayne)

z*z

New

Post by z*z » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 am

oberlin08 wrote:
lawlawlawlaw wrote:hey everyone, new poster here. I'm from Michigan, 161-3.5, accepted to MSU with 75 percent scholly plus 7500 dollar stipend for first year.

-BoneZ-
I say, if you want to practice in state, and you didnt get into U Mich, or a T10 school, go to MSU. (Or Wayne)

+1. I have heard from a few partners that MSU's reputation is actually quite strong within the state; especially in the Lansing and Grand Rapid's markets. Plus, East Lansing is awesome!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Spazzy

New

Post by Spazzy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:07 am

Admitted over the phone on Thursday with $18,000.
2.9 GPA from University of Toronto and 167 LSAT

lawlawlawlaw

New

Post by lawlawlawlaw » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:15 am

thanks for your responses... that's kind of what I'm leaning toward too. Regarding the whole Wayne vs. MSU dialogue, i think I've exhausted all the discussion there is on this topic on all the forums and what I've come to is that, right now, it's all about preference. For a while i was set on going to Wayne, because of it's arguably better historical reputation. But East Lansing is a great town to live in for 3 years, rather than commute to Wayne, and when a school has the type of resources that Michigan State does, because of its size, you've got to assume that it's going to excel in the rankings, beyond what Wayne is capable of.

No promises, but I think I'm going be seeing some of you in the Fall.

carman1880

New

Post by carman1880 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:50 pm

sarlis wrote:anyone going to the march 19th ASD?
My wife and I will be attending the ASD on the 19th. MSU wasn't really on my radar until they decided to give me a full scholarship. Now I feel obligated to check out East Lansing and give MSU serious consideration. Based on what I have read, East Lansing seems to be a pretty nice place, so I am excited to get a chance to check it out.

lawlawlawlaw

New

Post by lawlawlawlaw » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 am

anyone know what percentile 3.0 is, for scholarship?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”