correlation between response to post-cb TY emails and offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

correlation between response to post-cb TY emails and offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 pm

also, state whether it was the associate or the partner who responded. (for both of my CBs, the associates replied, but partners did not).

Mark71121

Bronze

Re: correlation between response to post-cb TY emails and offer?

Post by Mark71121 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:16 pm

sending thank you letters is probably a bad idea.

devil84

New

Post by devil84 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Um...actually, sending a thank you note is expected after a callback...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:24 am

No correlation in my case. After one cb, i sent ty to every person i met + recruiting. everyone responded. rejection w/i a week. After another, i sent zero ty emails (not even to recruiting) and got offer w/i 48 hours.

ETA: after a different cb i sent ty to everyone and got no responses and then got an offer. I've also sent ty to everyone, had everyone respond, and gotten an offer. So to reiterate: NO correlation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:11 am

I didn't send any TYs and received an offer everywhere I did a CB (with one firm outstanding, at which I did my CB under a week ago).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mark71121

Bronze

Post by Mark71121 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am

devil84 wrote:Um...actually, sending a thank you note is expected after a callback...

no, it really isn't. i've spoken to partners and recruiting people who said thank yous almost invariably hurt the applicant and never help. but thanks for teaching me about the application process, 1L.

and fwiw, i didn't send any thank yous and received offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Mark71121 wrote:
devil84 wrote:Um...actually, sending a thank you note is expected after a callback...

no, it really isn't. i've spoken to partners and recruiting people who said thank yous almost invariably hurt the applicant and never help. but thanks for teaching me about the application process, 1L.

More to the point of this thread: I've sent thank you's to everyone I communicated with at the firms I've done callbacks yet... received offers from all. This includes e-mails to interviewers and e-mails to recruiters (especially them for organizing everything).

This information is not meant to contradict what you're saying. I really don't think there is any correlation. Different people have different expectations, I guess. And for what it's worth, I received no responses from any of the interviewers (though I did get responses from the recruiters).

devil84

New

Post by devil84 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Mark71121 wrote:

first, im not a 1L. second, i have an offer at a very highly ranked firm. third, the only way they hurt is if you can't write "thank you" without a typo. the issue is that there is no correlation, not that they aren't necessary.

next time you call someone out for being an ill-informed 1L, take a look in the mirror and realize why no one likes you. enjoy your summer being the SA no one talks to.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”