How heavy does experience play? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BruceBarr

Bronze

How heavy does experience play?

Post by BruceBarr » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm graduating with a 3.4 and a 163 on the LSAT. However, I've worked at Michigan's number one bankruptcy firm for a year now. I have 4 letters of recommendation from attornies there (one being from the owner of the firm). I've joined them in court, prepared evidence, worked cases with them, etc. I also have a fairly interesting background story of "overcoming diversity" bla bla bla. In a nutshell, I graduated high school with a 1.8 GPA because of a struggle with with peti-mall epilepcy. I wasn't diagnosed until i was 17 because of false-diagnoses. Pretty much I learned how to study/focus/learn when I got to college. I have a doctors note explaining the entire thing. So, more or less, Im wondering how much weight my experience and my "story" will have when it comes to getting in to law school when balanced with my GPA and LSAT score. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hitachi

Bronze

Re: How heavy does experience play?

Post by Hitachi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Your thread title is illiterate and you apparently couldn't read the forum name, so I'm guessing you are an enemy of "Bruce Barr" trying to sabotage his chances. However, just in case you're real - experience matters very little.

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:54 pm

My apologies... I wasn't paying attention to where I was posting. Kind of my first time. But sorry, I'm Bruce Barr. Just out to sabatoge myself. Cause, you know, what I said was obviously an attempt at sabatoge.

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:15 pm

BruceBarr wrote:attornies

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”