Military Law Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Military Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Hey everyone, I'm an Active Army selectee with what I think may be a common question. Is it OK to look for and entertain offers of employment after submitting the Statement of Intent? I'm just thinking about the gap between graduation and the start of training, or looking to the aforementioned scenario where one has to wait two years after dealing with the waiver process. Thanks for any feedback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Has anyone taken the OPAT? Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm still waiting for my information to be sent over so I can start the DODMERB stuff online.

I don't know why it's taking so long

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm still waiting for my information to be sent over so I can start the DODMERB stuff online.

What have you sent so far?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm still waiting for my information to be sent over so I can start the DODMERB stuff online.

What have you sent so far?
Everything besides certificate of good standing. Still waiting for my results

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone taken the OPAT? Thoughts?
Any idea when the JARO OPAT Memo will be sent out so we can schedule the test?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Hey, all. I have a quick question -- I was accepted into Army J.A.G. and just received a list of potential bases for active duty. Are there any advantages/disadvantages for bigger/smaller/international bases or certain locations? (i.e., would you get more experience at a bigger/smaller base, somewhere overseas, etc.). I would appreciate any information that anyone has. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Anyone heading to March COT that has not received their base assignment? Or can anyone offer some advice on the process?

It is pretty late and I am trying to figure when I will know which base after COT and when I will be moving.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heading to March COT that has not received their base assignment? Or can anyone offer some advice on the process?

It is pretty late and I am trying to figure when I will know which base after COT and when I will be moving.

Thanks
Also set for March COT. No word on assignment either.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heading to March COT that has not received their base assignment? Or can anyone offer some advice on the process?

Thanks
Do you know anything about the process? I.e., when we should hear? what we need to do for that before COT?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks
Do you know anything about the process? I.e., when we should hear? what we need to do for that before COT?
I haven't heard anything, but you can check this out: http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/OTS/ ... orting.asp

Not sure how much of that we can do without a point of contact though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks
I haven't heard anything, but you can check this out: http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/OTS/ ... orting.asp

Not sure how much of that we can do without a point of contact though.
OK thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
The email I got says that you can schedule it anytime at your local army recruiting office.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
The email I got says that you can schedule it anytime at your local army recruiting office.
Mine does too but it says you have to bring a packet with you and part of the packet is the JARO OPAT memo.

Does yours say that?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
Mine does too but it says you have to bring a packet with you and part of the packet is the JARO OPAT memo.

Does yours say that?
Yes, that memo is currently on the Army Jaro website. https://www.jagcnet.army.mil/Sites/jaro ... D50045980B. PM me if you cant download it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Does yours say that?
Yes, that memo is currently on the Army Jaro website. https://www.jagcnet.army.mil/Sites/jaro ... D50045980B. PM me if you cant download it.
Perfect! Thanks for that

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Few questions regarding the JAG route (aiming Army/Navy). How much weight is given to your school's pretige or ranking? Clearly grades matter, but is there weight given to T1's over T2's for example? Also, if my path is the JAG route does it really matter what location I go to school? I would make sure I was okay ending up there just in case things didn't work out. Lastly, are my chances greatly increased with 12 years prior service and a stellar record? (NCO/Special Operations)

Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Does yours say that?
Could you PM when you get a chance? Thanks (I can't PM you)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Does yours say that?
Anybody heard back from AF JAG since the Dec board? I got the last email saying that there is a delay and they are working on to forward the process but I haven't heard anything back since. I haven't even done the medical interview yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Does yours say that?
Anybody heard back from AF JAG since the Dec board? I got the last email saying that there is a delay and they are working on to forward the process but I haven't heard anything back since. I haven't even done the medical interview yet.
It a long process especially if you are a 3l. I was selected Dec 2015 as a 3l and was just finally cleared medically. Just look over the sheet and everything you check yes to, get those medical records now. That will at least help you speed up the process while you are waiting for a response.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:[

The email I got says that you can schedule it anytime at your local army recruiting office

Yes, that memo is currently on the Army Jaro website. https://www.jagcnet.army.mil/Sites/jaro ... D50045980B. PM me if you cant download it.[

It a long process especially if you are a 3l. I was selected Dec 2015 as a 3l and was just finally cleared medically. Just look over the sheet and everything you check yes to, get those medical records now. That will at least help you speed up the process while you are waiting for a response.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quot

Did you need any waivers? If so, what is the process like and how long did it take you? Lastly, do you know when you will start COT?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 pm

I actually did need a waiver, but I think my process was different. I was dq'd after medical records were sent, but MEPs still allowed me to take the physical. I took the physical and was still told I was dq'd and had to go through the surgeon generals office. But after MEPs I received the waiver in 5 days. And I'm off to March COT

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Does yours say that?
I can't either because we were both anonymous. Try now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Does anyone know what happens with the medical forms from the DODMERB physical? Do they get submitted electronically? Are they mailed?

The reason I ask is that when I went for my eye exam, the eye doctor saw me immediately, explained the process, performed the exam, and submitted it electronically on the spot and this is reflected on my application status.

The doctor, on the other hand, was a complete disaster. I was told I could not make an appointment and that I had to be a walk in, when I arriaved I waited for over 3 hours before being seen, the office was clearly understaffed, the doctor just took notes all over my packet, and my application status does not show anything for my physical. If he mailed the results in, I guess it could still be a few days before it gets processed, but if they are supposed to be submitted electronically or via fax, I think I may need to follow up to make sure he sent them over.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what happens with the medical forms from the DODMERB physical? Do they get submitted electronically? Are they mailed?

The reason I ask is that when I went for my eye exam, the eye doctor saw me immediately, explained the process, performed the exam, and submitted it electronically on the spot and this is reflected on my application status.

The doctor, on the other hand, was a complete disaster. I was told I could not make an appointment and that I had to be a walk in, when I arriaved I waited for over 3 hours before being seen, the office was clearly understaffed, the doctor just took notes all over my packet, and my application status does not show anything for my physical. If he mailed the results in, I guess it could still be a few days before it gets processed, but if they are supposed to be submitted electronically or via fax, I think I may need to follow up to make sure he sent them over.
You should def follow up with the doctor. Both of my forms were submitted electronically.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”