Latham lev fin / banking / cap markets Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latham lev fin / banking / cap markets

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Can someone please give me a run down of how these practices work at Latham? Is the cap markets group isolated and separated from banking finance (and is lev fin a subset of work done by both cap markets and banking? I.e. the banking group might do HY bank financings while the cap markets group will do the HY 144A offerings) Which group does commitment papers? I'm talking about the NYC office. Also can anyone chime in on their experience lateraling as a junior to mid level?

Anonymous User

Re: Latham lev fin / banking / cap markets

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:01 am

The cap markets team at LW gets routinely pulled into doing commitment papers with their lev fin colleagues. If that is a concern for you (and it should be for quality of life reasons), I would look elsewhere.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham lev fin / banking / cap markets

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:06 am

Thank you for the candid response. Will be a hard pass on Latham.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”