NY Offers 2019 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NY Offers 2019

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wait is it true that White&Case and Milbank are finished with offers NY?
I have it on very good authority Milbank is done. Their class is oversubscribed.

Dam. they are my top choice. does that also mean that they wont hire new fresh associates next year at this time ? I see on their website they are currently hiring (or at least till very recently) fresh assocaites to start next year in 2020.
Where did you see it, if you would like to share? I couldn't find anything on their website. Thanks.

SAME curious on the source because they are still accepting new applications (as of a few days ago)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Clifford Chance? I had callback on Friday. No response yet.
Did you mass apply? I mass applied via email and no rejection or invite to interview. I am getting punished by all the firms
I just got an email from them saying they are done interviewing for now. I had mass-mailed them at the end of July and reaffirmed interest yesterday.
They never told me they are done with offers I applied mid July. How did you reaffirm interest, give a cover letter? They were resume only and I regret not giving a cover letter. Did they tell you they are done offers as a reply to you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Clifford Chance? I had callback on Friday. No response yet.
Did you mass apply? I mass applied via email and no rejection or invite to interview. I am getting punished by all the firms
I just got an email from them saying they are done interviewing for now. I had mass-mailed them at the end of July and reaffirmed interest yesterday.
They never told me they are done with offers I applied mid July. How did you reaffirm interest, give a cover letter? They were resume only and I regret not giving a cover letter. Did they tell you they are done offers as a reply to you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:32 pm

White and CAse is done with offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:15 pm

havent heard from FF or A and O since my screeners three weeks ago. do i give up?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:26 pm

Winston & Strawn offer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anon who reaffirmed interest here. The email I sent said the following: "I applied to Clifford Chance's summer associate program in July but have yet to hear back. I am still very interested in working at Clifford Chance. When should I expect to hear back regarding the status of my application? I have attached my transcript and resume for your reference."

The response I got was: "Hi [redacted]—thanks for your patience. Unfortunately we are not inviting additional candidates in to interview at this time—wish you all the best in your search!"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:12 am

Anyone know Paul weiss’s timeline?

Geil Norsuch

New

Post by Geil Norsuch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Plenty of firms continue to "collect apps" well past when they are done. I'm sure they go to whatever gloomy netherworld towards which all those NALP mass mail emails go.
Last edited by QContinuum on Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:havent heard from FF or A and O since my screeners three weeks ago. do i give up?
They usually give next day callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Anybody hear from Kramer or Schulte this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Plenty of firms continue to "collect apps" well past when they are done. I'm sure they go to whatever gloomy netherworld towards which all those NALP mass mail emails go.
Why do they still collect apps? Is it to mess with us?
I feel like such a failure right now

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Anyone heard back Allan Overy from Mass mailing on their application portal?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Does White Case not send rejection emails? My friend said NY seems done with offers

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Has anyone received a Stroock NY offer? Do they send snail mail rejections?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know Paul weiss’s timeline?
I did my CB on a Thursday, offer on Monday

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does White Case not send rejection emails? My friend said NY seems done with offers
They sent me a rejection e-mail from my mass mail.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Geil Norsuch wrote:Plenty of firms continue to "collect apps" well past when they are done. I'm sure they go to whatever gloomy netherworld towards which all those NALP mass mail emails go.
Just to clarify, while this may be true of some firms, it is certainly not true of all firms. Anyone without an offer in hand at this point should still be mass mailing the stuffing out of NYC and any other markets they have remotely plausible ties to.

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Relative to the past few boom years, was this the end of the NY biglaw gravy train? Seems like NY was far from a safe bet for median T13 students

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:22 am

Res Ipsa Loquitter wrote:Relative to the past few boom years, was this the end of the NY biglaw gravy train? Seems like NY was far from a safe bet for median T13 students
This has been my impression, and I know many at my school (HYS) feel the same.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:44 am

Res Ipsa Loquitter wrote:Relative to the past few boom years, was this the end of the NY biglaw gravy train? Seems like NY was far from a safe bet for median T13 students
Biglaw (especially through OCI) has never been a safe bet for median T13 students. Sure it’s a great starting position to be in but people have been striking out at median for years.

Don’t forget there are still biglaw jobs out there, my school has a 75-80% “big firm” placement rate but only 55-60% of students get biglaw from OCI.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to fix quote formatting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Has anybody heard anything from Schulte or Kramer in the last week? Was told I would've heard from Schulte by now, know that offers and dings have gone out since I've interviewed, but I've had radio silence. Also ghosted by Kramer, I'm fearing that with their small class size they might be done.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:46 pm

~2 weeks ago Kramer was still considering applicants and interviewing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:~2 weeks ago Kramer was still considering applicants and interviewing.
Yeah, that's when I had my callback, haha.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:18 pm

If you have 3 weeks for an offer the next round of decisions should be coming through soon (offers from 8/19-8/23). I received a 'hold tight' email yesterday for a CB I had a while ago.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”