Case List For Conflicts Check? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Case List For Conflicts Check?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 pm

I am in the process of moving to a defense firm from a plaintiff's firm. Does anyone know how much detail to put into a case list for conflicts check? For instance, do you put case number, JX, parties, and what work you did on that case? I can't think of what else I'd put on this list. Would love advice/input.

gregfootball2001

Silver

Re: Case List For Conflicts Check?

Post by gregfootball2001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Did the request for conflicts not say what information was needed?

Think about it from the firm's point of view. They need to see if there's a prior conflict. So name of client, name of opposing parties, maybe a sentence about what you did so they can determine significance if needed. No case numbers or anything like that needed. But make sure you read the request and do what they ask for. Really, you should just ask HR at the new place so that you don't have to do this whole thing twice.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”