Anyone like their group’s partners but not associates? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone like their group’s partners but not associates?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:09 am

Anon for obvious reasons.

Work in a fairly large bit not huge big law group. Feel like for the most part the partners in my group are nice, respectful, hard working, and pleasant people (with a few exceptions). Meanwhile I feel like most of the associates in my group are rude, unpleasant, and sometimes downright nasty or vindictive people (with a few exceptions).

I know this is the opposite of the general sentiment on here where boomer partners are maligned, but I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation or had advice. I enjoy my work, the pay is great, and I like the partners I work for. But the other associates really are ruining the experience and bringing me down mentally and emotionally. Any respectful thoughts or comments welcome.

Anonymous User

Re: Anyone like their group’s partners but not associates?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:06 am

FWIW I had a similar experience last summer during my 2L SA. Partners were all very respectful, gracious, down to earth, and pleasant to work for/with. Associates, on the other hand, played mind games, made snarky/passive aggressive comments, and were very unpleasant to be around. I almost turned down the firm's offer to return because a few associates made my summer so miserable. I accepted the firm's return offer, but I'm a little anxious about returning to that environment this fall.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”