3L Job Search While Overseas Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
italianstallion

New

3L Job Search While Overseas

Post by italianstallion » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:36 am

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering what I should do to get started on a 3L job search while I am working overseas for my 2L summer job. For reference here is my info:

~T25 school
Top 15% of class (was unranked 1L)
Secondary journal
Working at highly competitive government internship my 2L summer (now)

I like the work I do at my internship, but the pay is significantly less than what I could make doing essentially the same thing in private practice. I have also submitted clerkship applications through OSCAR everywhere I'd be willing to work. I know the general advice for 3Ls on the job hunt is to network, mass mail, and apply to everything.

However, I was hoping to get some advice on how to network when I am on a different continent and a 6-8 hour time difference from my target markets. Also, is it worth applying to 3L OCI firms if I won't be back until almost 3 weeks after OCI has concluded? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Legal Employment”