Corporate Writing Sample? (Biglaw to in-house) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Corporate Writing Sample? (Biglaw to in-house)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:39 am

I am a junior corporate associate and have an in-house interview coming up. I was asked to provide a writing sample (preference for a "contract").

I have no idea what to do or use. It's not like junior people do significant drafting outside of legal due diligence memos (which isn't really writing and definitely wouldn't be shareable), so I am completely at a loss for what to provide.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

papermateflair

Bronze

Re: Corporate Writing Sample? (Biglaw to in-house)

Post by papermateflair » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:16 am

I was lateraling to another firm, so not sure what in-house folks are looking for (especially if they asked for a contract specifically), but I used a couple of legal alerts for my writing sample, since those were already public.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:38 pm

papermateflair wrote:I was lateraling to another firm, so not sure what in-house folks are looking for (especially if they asked for a contract specifically), but I used a couple of legal alerts for my writing sample, since those were already public.
OP here: unfortunately, I don't have any of those under my belt. Definitely a good idea for posterity, though!

texas1100

New

Post by texas1100 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Redact a contract you contributed a lot towards?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”