Inhouse Interviewing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Inhouse Interviewing

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:04 pm

Going through the process of interviewing for inhouse positions. Finally had one where they asked for (and reached out to) references. This followed a phone screener with HR and an inperson interview a few weeks back.

Anyone have a sense from experience of what (if anything) this could mean about the status of the process? Obviously not a bad development, but curious if others have seen this play out -- either as a step prior to making an offer or just a way to winnow down the applicant pool.

I appreciate no one knows for sure -- and I should have got a better sense of the process from the company sooner -- but I figured it was worth an ask.

Anonymous User

Re: Inhouse Interviewing

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm

I just completed two in-house interviewing processes that resulted in offers and neither company asked for references. I was a little surprised. Neither is a small company (30K and 60K employees).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”