Reimbursement after Lateral Offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Reimbursement after Lateral Offer

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I recently incurred expenses (flight, hotel) while traveling for an interview related to a lateral opportunity at a V20 firm. After I received the offer, I submitted a reimbursement request and turned the offer down before being paid (because I thought letting the partners know sooner than later was the right thing to do). Before I turned down the offer the recruiting contact said the check would issue within days. 7 weeks and multiple emails into a black hole later, I still haven't been paid.

Am I crazy to think they're screwing me because I turned down the offer?

texas1100

New

Re: Reimbursement after Lateral Offer

Post by texas1100 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Unlikely. But that's a long time. I'd start CCing and calling multiple people. Head of recruiting at the firm and such. Don't worry about being naggy at this point. Sounds like it's just a mishap internally, not aimed at you.

Anonymous User

Re: Reimbursement after Lateral Offer

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:37 pm

ˆˆˆ this worked. Thank you!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”