Radio Silence After Lateral Acceptance Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Radio Silence After Lateral Acceptance

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Hey guys, kind of panicking. Accepted lateral offer (corporate associate at biglaw firm) a few weeks ago and submitted conflicts. Lateral firm called me to get more info on deals where they were on the other side. Haven't heard since. Should I assume there's a conflicts problem and if so, will they contact my clients to get waivers? Not thrilled about the fact that the client will tell my partners before I get the chance to give notice.

LawAndBehold

New

Re: Radio Silence After Lateral Acceptance

Post by LawAndBehold » Sun May 05, 2019 5:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys, kind of panicking. Accepted lateral offer (corporate associate at biglaw firm) a few weeks ago and submitted conflicts. Lateral firm called me to get more info on deals where they were on the other side. Haven't heard since. Should I assume there's a conflicts problem and if so, will they contact my clients to get waivers? Not thrilled about the fact that the client will tell my partners before I get the chance to give notice.
Why don’t you just follow up with them and ask whether there were any issues?

jarofsoup

Gold

Re: Radio Silence After Lateral Acceptance

Post by jarofsoup » Mon May 06, 2019 7:45 am

You can freely engage with the people in the conflicts department/HR about on boarding issues. Its on you to push the process along.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”