Fired Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Fired

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:28 pm

Yep I got fired today after only a few months at my firm. My feeling is they thought I would be bringing in all this business for the firm. I was bringing in some business but how much did they expect I bring in after only 3 months??? It’s not like I made any misrepresentations during the interview. I was given no warning or any other notice, I was just fired.

This is after being laid off at my last firm.

Fuck I hate the legal profession.

objctnyrhnr

Re: Fired

Post by objctnyrhnr » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yep I got fired today after only a few months at my firm. My feeling is they thought I would be bringing in all this business for the firm. I was bringing in some business but how much did they expect I bring in after only 3 months??? It’s not like I made any misrepresentations during the interview. I was given no warning or any other notice, I was just fired.

How big is the firm and what year/designation did you lateral in at?

Are you still on website?

beeoBoop

New

Post by beeoBoop » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yep I got fired today after only a few months at my firm. My feeling is they thought I would be bringing in all this business for the firm. I was bringing in some business but how much did they expect I bring in after only 3 months??? It’s not like I made any misrepresentations during the interview. I was given no warning or any other notice, I was just fired.

Sorry to hear about that. Give us some more insight if you can. There's got to be something going on here, like bad firm health. What year were you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:15 pm

Op here. It was a boutique firm. I wish there was something else going on here.... but most likely I wasn’t bringing in enough business to justify my salary.

omar1

Bronze

Post by omar1 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Op here. It was a boutique firm. I wish there was something else going on here.... but most likely I wasn’t bringing in enough business to justify my salary.
How much were they paying you?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Did you get any kind of severance? I hope at least website time.

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:49 pm

Did you come here for advice?

Because you've provided almost no relevant details.
Last edited by QContinuum on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:57 pm

OP mentions being fired twice in the span of a few months and offers nothing to rebut the presumption that that would be mostly his fault.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:05 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:OP mentions being fired twice in the span of a few months and offers nothing to rebut the presumption that that would be mostly his fault.
Maybe I'm soft but that seems like an overly harsh take. Person's lost two jobs in a span of 6 months. That's a pretty hefty emotional toll - ending, starting, ending.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 pm

LSATWiz.com wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:OP mentions being fired twice in the span of a few months and offers nothing to rebut the presumption that that would be mostly his fault.
Maybe I'm soft but that seems like an overly harsh take. Person's lost two jobs in a span of 6 months. That's a pretty hefty emotional toll - ending, starting, ending.
Nothing you said contradicts anything I said.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:10 pm

LSATWiz.com wrote:
It sounds like OP is a partner who discovered that their book of business wasn't quite as portable as their new firm was expecting/hoping. It's rough and I think the vast majority of TLSers aren't senior enough to offer substantial advice on that, beyond expressing our sympathy for OP and our hope that things will turn around. Perhaps they could look to government work, where they wouldn't be expected to bring in business? That could also add a valuable credential and potentially allow them to break back into private practice down the road.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”