Silence three weeks after lateral callback... is there still hope? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
legalbell

New

Silence three weeks after lateral callback... is there still hope?

Post by legalbell » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi guys, I recently interviewed at a V50 firm's DC office. I thought the interview went pretty well. The hiring partner asked me when I could start at the end of the interview, whether I was interviewed with other firms and my personal hobbies, etc... Now three weeks have passed... my recruiter followed up twice and was told that they are still interested but they are discussing internally. I know it is not going to change anything by predicting here, but can you share your stories if you have similar experience and received an offer after three weeks or longer? Thank you.

objctnyrhnr

Re: Silence three weeks after lateral callback... is there still hope?

Post by objctnyrhnr » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 pm

I remember that the time that passed before my offer felt so substantial that I figured I was out for sure. Then I got the offer some weeks later and it turned out some key people had just been on vacation or something.

joeschmoe

New

Post by joeschmoe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 pm

I know it sucks to wait when you felt like the interview went well, but try to not read too much into it. When I lateraled there was radio silence for about 3 weeks. When the firm finally got back to me they apologized and explained that the Chief Recruiting Officer had been out of the office for a few weeks. Good luck!

legalbell

New

Post by legalbell » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Thank you for sharing your stories. Counting four weeks now...

broadstreet11

Bronze

Post by broadstreet11 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:44 pm

FYI, D.C.'s spring break was last week, so that could have something to do with it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:16 pm

I feel your pain. A few weeks ago, I had my callback and afterwards, I had to send references to the recruiting manager and she said I’d hear back from the firm very soon.

I spoke with my references and no one has reached out to them. And it’s been silence.

My gut is saying that someone probably swooped in and wowed the firm enough to bump me down, but still holding out hope.

LawAndBehold

New

Post by LawAndBehold » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:58 pm

For what it’s worth, because I am in a similar situation atm and have been in the past, I don’t think you can do much harm by chasing. Obvs you should not be chasing HR every 5 mins, but I think it’s reasonable to follow up a week or so after your final interview. I don’t think you need to wait 3 weeks, or even 2 for that matter. They are not going to not choose you just because you chased them. You are the one applying for the job and it’s constantly on your mind but unfortunately there are hierarchies and processes to go through for these firms, which means it can sometimes seem like a very long time before they get back to you...

lateralquestions

New

Post by lateralquestions » Tue May 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Did you end up receiving an offer?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”