Callback Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Question

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 am

I have a callback scheduled for this Friday (but it hasn’t been confirmed by the firm). The firm still hasn’t confirmed who I’m interviewing with yet AND the firm still hasn’t booked the flight/hotel. I usually have this done weeks in advance. Has anyone had an issue like this before? I’ve never heard of an interviewee paying for their own flight/hotel for a callback. I reached out to the firm on Thursday and still haven’t received anything and would like to book a flight asap just so they don’t sell out before the interview.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Question

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:47 am

In process of callback interviews as well, multiple firms have done the same thing to me. Lateral interviewing seems to be less organized than law school interviewing, but don't worry. They'll get everything together in time. Follow up on Wednesday if you haven't recieved details by then.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Question

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Glad to hear I’m not alone on this. It’s just a bit anxiety inducing that the interview is in 4 days and I haven’t booked travel yet.

Return to “Legal Employment?