Graduated May 2018 Still No Job lol Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Graduated May 2018 Still No Job lol

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:23 am

So yea, I graduated May 2018 from a Top school in NY and still no job. I am trying to stay as positive as I can. I have applied to literally everything, from PI to Corporate. I have not even received a callback, it is as if my application was not even received. Just venting...

redsox550

Re: Graduated May 2018 Still No Job lol

Post by redsox550 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 am

Have you been working with your schools support team for stuff like this? Who has reviewed your resume? Roughly how many applications do you think you submitted? Are you including cover letters? If you are having problems even getting one interview after all this time I'm guessing there is something wrong with your materials. I have a friend that was submitting his resume in the wrong extension/format (some old versions of Word or something) that would appear blank or all messed up on most peoples computers.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:46 am

Yeah, what's the CSO at your school (and if you didn't mean Columbia/NYU, you need to be more specific) saying? What was your GPA/class rank? Did you have similar problems with getting interviews during school?

Also, have you passed the bar in NY?

cheaptilts

Silver

Post by cheaptilts » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:56 am

You need to have trustworthy third parties you know look over your resume.

FND

Bronze

Post by FND » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:00 pm

are you open to working anywhere? For anyone?

If you took and passed the bar in a UBE state, and can therefore waive in, take a look at less populous UBE states like Wyoming or Nebraska. Plenty of opportunities there for someone willing to go. Then come up with a really good reason as to why you'd want to move there.

Shoot me a PM for a more in-depth discussion, I might have a few leads

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tyroneslothrop1

Bronze

Post by tyroneslothrop1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 pm

You need to get MOVING, especially if you went to Columbia or NYU, or even Fordham. There are lawyers jobs to be had, and you need to find one NOW.

icansortofmath

Bronze

Post by icansortofmath » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:48 pm

If you have to work for free, do it. If you can afford to go back to school (for anything even pseudo related to what you want to practice), do it.

The longer you leave the resume blank the worse your situation is going to be.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”