Capital Markets Exit Options Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
spidey314

New

Capital Markets Exit Options

Post by spidey314 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 am

1st year V5 corporate associate who has yet to decide on which practice group to join. Could any current or previous Capital Markets associates speak as to what exit options (both typical and atypical) are available from this practice? Also, would it be inadvisable to begin a career in Capital Markets given the likelihood of a recession within the next few years?

Anonymous User

Re: Capital Markets Exit Options

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Think this largely depends on location, the type of cap markets work you're doing (i.e. something highly specific/niche like high yield debt vs more general equity or debt raises) and whether you're doing solely cap markets work or if you're building skills in any other practice. I'm a third year cap markets attorney but I also do a fair amount of public company work and did a bit of M&A work my first year as well. I just started looking around at in-house roles and so far I'm getting positive results with corporate/securities-based counsel roles for public companies.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:28 pm

What are exits if you do something niche like underwriter side high yield only?

waytoplant

New

Post by waytoplant » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 pm

I did CM at a v10 in a major market for 6 years before going in-house. PM me for details.

spidey314

New

Post by spidey314 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:11 pm

waytoplant wrote:I did CM at a v10 in a major market for 6 years before going in-house. PM me for details.
I don't think TLS will let me PM you. Is there any other way to contact you haha

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:23 pm

spidey314 wrote:
waytoplant wrote:I did CM at a v10 in a major market for 6 years before going in-house. PM me for details.
I don't think TLS will let me PM you. Is there any other way to contact you haha
Correct, new users must hit at least 5 posts before being able to send PMs. However, they can receive PMs right off the bat. So potentially, waytoplant could PM spidey314 with their email address/IM/etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”