Major litigation practice groups hiring in Houston? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Major litigation practice groups hiring in Houston?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Houston's got a strong transactional bent, and I'm struggling to figure out who might be hiring in their litigation groups. Any advice or suggestions on this?

Anonymous User

Re: Major litigation practice groups hiring in Houston?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Not OP but wanted to give this a bump as it's highly relevant to my interests. Anyone with insight on Houston lateral market for litigation?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:16 pm

thirded

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Sorry to interfere, but I'd also appreciate transactional practice groups in Houston that are hiring.
In case anyone has some inner knowledge.
Thanks!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 am

Since most of the traditional big firms have scaled back lit in Houston, doubt there's much hiring going on. Norton Rose Fulbright is the largest litigation firm, but I've heard they are struggling, probably aren't hiring that much. Houston has a bunch of boutiques, I would try them out. Susman, Yetter, Beck Redden, AZA, so on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Since most of the traditional big firms have scaled back lit in Houston, doubt there's much hiring going on. Norton Rose Fulbright is the largest litigation firm, but I've heard they are struggling, probably aren't hiring that much. Houston has a bunch of boutiques, I would try them out. Susman, Yetter, Beck Redden, AZA, so on.
OP Here: Makes sense, thanks! Any chance there are better prospects in Dallas/Austin?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Since most of the traditional big firms have scaled back lit in Houston, doubt there's much hiring going on. Norton Rose Fulbright is the largest litigation firm, but I've heard they are struggling, probably aren't hiring that much. Houston has a bunch of boutiques, I would try them out. Susman, Yetter, Beck Redden, AZA, so on.
Are these boutiques feasible without a clerkship? I'm a 3rd year at NYC V5 with strong ties to Houston, but it seems like nearly all of the associates at these firms have had clerkships.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Are these boutiques feasible without a clerkship? I'm a 3rd year at NYC V5 with strong ties to Houston, but it seems like nearly all of the associates at these firms have had clerkships.
Yes, most of these boutiques are extremely selective and generally require clerkships (AZA is on the less selective side, in relative terms). Having said this, I've heard that Gibbs & Bruns (which might be 2nd most selective right after Susman) doesn't formally require clerkships. But they're super grade-sensitive. You probably need grades that would have been good enough to get a good circuit clerkship at the very least.

There are some big firms that do maintain active lit practices though. Someone mentioned NRF. Another is Hogan or King & Spalding.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”