DMV OAG Competitive? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DMV OAG Competitive?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:26 pm

How competitive are the programs for recent grads at the DC, Virginia, and Maryland State Attorney General Offices?

clarion

Bronze

Re: DMV OAG Competitive?

Post by clarion » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 am

Perhaps someone else will be able to give you more detailed info. But in case they don't, anecdotally, I have known a few people who have done stints in those offices (can't think of anyone who has been in one long-term) and I would not wager that they're competitive in terms of grades. No offense to my friends lol

Based on my impression, I would guess it's similar to federal positions in the less "prestigious" cabinet agencies like mine; e.g., not State, DoD, or Treasury. In other words, it can be competitive as there are few positions and we sometimes look to hire people with specific skillsets to address a need. But overall, we don't care too much about whether you got Coif from a T6 or anything of that sort. It's a much more wholistic (arbitrary) review process than you'd stumble across with some other employers. Hope that makes sense and at least is a little bit helpful.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”