Netflix Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Netflix

Post by LaLiLuLeLo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:47 am

I’ve read a bit about Netflix’s company culture, but nothing specifically about it’s legal department. Sounds kind of similar to biglaw but was hoping someone had insight.

Photomike2

New

Re: Netflix

Post by Photomike2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Not sure how their legal department operates but I believe the general counsel is a UVA grad.
Last edited by tlsadmin3 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: De-anon user

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:Not sure how their legal department operates but I believe the general counsel is a UVA grad.
very helpful

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has additional info on Netflix/their hiring process - particularly for the "labs". Thanks in advance.

smokeylarue

Silver

Post by smokeylarue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:27 pm

How do I get a job here with no entertainment experience? Asking for a friend

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:16 pm

smokeylarue wrote:How do I get a job here with no entertainment experience? Asking for a friend
Their "labs" are designed specifically for this purpose. They specifically hire junior / mid-level attorneys with no real entertainment background and turn them into entry level entertainment attorneys. Google around and you'll find some articles on the topic.
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this thread to see if anyone has additional info on Netflix/their hiring process - particularly for the "labs". Thanks in advance.
It was a pretty typical in house format: hr screen, hiring manager screen, all day callback. Can't comment much more than that. Moves fairly quickly.

KM2016

Bronze

Post by KM2016 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:How do I get a job here with no entertainment experience? Asking for a friend
Their "labs" are designed specifically for this purpose. They specifically hire junior / mid-level attorneys with no real entertainment background and turn them into entry level entertainment attorneys. Google around and you'll find some articles on the topic.
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this thread to see if anyone has additional info on Netflix/their hiring process - particularly for the "labs". Thanks in advance.
It was a pretty typical in house format: hr screen, hiring manager screen, all day callback. Can't comment much more than that. Moves fairly quickly.
Any idea what the compensation package looks like once people start after the "labs"?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:43 pm

Interested as well in compensation during labs and after labs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:04 pm

KM2016 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Any idea what the compensation package looks like once people start after the "labs"?
At least at the lower levels, it's best to think of it as an entertainment job, not a tech job. Accordingly, initial pay is in line with an entry level associate counsel position in the entertainment industry. Which is to say, low to mid-low 100s all-in (I forget the exact number). After that, I don't know. It probably depends on your progression. Higher ups are reportedly paid quite well, but who knows how long it takes to get there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Did anyone apply to the most recent lab (app was due in mid-July) and if so have you heard back?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone apply to the most recent lab (app was due in mid-July) and if so have you heard back?
I applied before the application deadline but did not hear back.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”