NYU LL.M. OCI 2019 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU LL.M. OCI 2019

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten a callback from Mofo or Proskauer?
Radio silence from MoFo...
Kind of weird...I haven't heard of anyone getting a Mofo callback and it sounded like they wanted to hire 2.
I did my LLM a few years ago. Some of the firms drag students along for months and then ultimately either hire a 3L or move someone from their summer class into tax.

I saw this happen to a couple of my friends who interviewed with a firm in February and were kept in the dark until April, when they got their rejections. One of my friends checked to see who they hired and the only new person was a former summer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Any offers out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:55 pm

I had offers from firms.

1 for M&A (V10) though they were kind of interested in my tax LLM, they weren't making me a tax associate and was probably recruiting me because I summered at biglaw. Only one round of interviews here but it was with 3 partners right away. Other offer was for exec comp at uh... not V10 but not sure V50 or V100, didn't really care.

Interviewed with 10+ firms, half with callbacks. 2 dings after screener 1 ding after callback. Rest all radio silence except the offers I mentioned above. Honestly assuming ding but I am guessing I am on some sort of wait list they'll dip into if they get desperate.

I know E&Y are already making offers to some people that OCIed a few weeks ago. Deloitte told me they are finishing callbacks (for the int tax OCI a few weeks ago) this week and making offers probably right after and I should expect to know this week. I am not sure if I got waitlisted and they already made offers to top candidates or not since I don't know anyone that got dinged or offered.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had offers from firms.

1 for M&A (V10) though they were kind of interested in my tax LLM, they weren't making me a tax associate and was probably recruiting me because I summered at biglaw. Only one round of interviews here but it was with 3 partners right away. Other offer was for exec comp at uh... not V10 but not sure V50 or V100, didn't really care.

Interviewed with 10+ firms, half with callbacks. 2 dings after screener 1 ding after callback. Rest all radio silence except the offers I mentioned above. Honestly assuming ding but I am guessing I am on some sort of wait list they'll dip into if they get desperate.

I know E&Y are already making offers to some people that OCIed a few weeks ago. Deloitte told me they are finishing callbacks (for the int tax OCI a few weeks ago) this week and making offers probably right after and I should expect to know this week. I am not sure if I got waitlisted and they already made offers to top candidates or not since I don't know anyone that got dinged or offered.
Deloitte and EY offers out, same with some firms... turned down the firms I'm not interested in and waiting to hear back from a few also. What firms did you do callbacks with?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Anyone interview with Freshfields? Had a screener and haven’t heard anything since.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Deloitte and EY offers out, same with some firms... turned down the firms I'm not interested in and waiting to hear back from a few also. What firms did you do callbacks with?
I am not the anon quoted above, but I have had 10 screeners, 6 callbacks (scheduled, not all completed), 1 offer, 1 third round callback, waiting on rest. Can't say which firm I have an offer or 3rd round from, but all callbacks were from OCI or Symplicity.

To the anon who said they turned down some and are waiting on others, are you willing to disclose who you had callbacks with and who you turned down?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I am not the anon quoted above, but I have had 10 screeners, 6 callbacks (scheduled, not all completed), 1 offer, 1 third round callback, waiting on rest. Can't say which firm I have an offer or 3rd round from, but all callbacks were from OCI or Symplicity.

To the anon who said they turned down some and are waiting on others, are you willing to disclose who you had callbacks with and who you turned down?
Callbacks from all of the Big 4, Exxon, 5 firms from OCI/Symplicity/TIP Resume Collect (scheduled, not all completed) offers from all Big 4 and 2 firms. Can't say which firm gave offers, but I turned down all non-law firm offers. Also didn't know any firms other than Eversheds Sutherland did three rounds of callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Callbacks from all of the Big 4, Exxon, 5 firms from OCI/Symplicity/TIP Resume Collect (scheduled, not all completed) offers from all Big 4 and 2 firms. Can't say which firm gave offers, but I turned down all non-law firm offers. Also didn't know any firms other than Eversheds Sutherland did three rounds of callbacks.
I'm not going to name the firm at the moment, but the 3 round callback is from an OCI (not Eversheds Sutherland).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Well, good luck! After three rounds you deserve to get the offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 am

So Deloitte int tax offers out? Anyone know when that happened and if anyone got dings?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Quoted anon here.

4 of the V10 actually. Only one firm did it for strictly tax. 2 for general corp/M&A, 1 was for exec comp. 1 offer 3 dings. Don't want to mention them by name but suffice to say not all were listed on NYU Law Symplicity.

Deloitte int tax and EY TAS offers definitely going out. I suspect E&Y TAS is done and Deloitte has a few more calls to make.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Quoted anon here.

4 of the V10 actually. Only one firm did it for strictly tax. 2 for general corp/M&A, 1 was for exec comp. 1 offer 3 dings. Don't want to mention them by name but suffice to say not all were listed on NYU Law Symplicity.

Deloitte int tax and EY TAS offers definitely going out. I suspect E&Y TAS is done and Deloitte has a few more calls to make.
Thanks for sharing. Do you mind telling your gpa? Mine is pretty high but I haven’t had any interest from the V10. I actually had much more success with the resume book before grades came out, so I thought they might have slowed down.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 am

Between 3.5 and 3.6. Same with JD at T14. Come to think of it, I think a decent chunk was before I updated my transcript/resume. I really don't know though. Last couple months have been a blur of just camping the phone and scouring emails making sure I didn't miss anything.

Every firm so far has moved very quickly. None of the firms took more than 2 weeks to finish callbacks and no offer took more than 3 weeks (most under 2) from the first interview. I'm not expecting good news from firms that haven't responded for more than a week since the last contact though they could just be taking a while. Still, they know our timeline so I suspect they are moving very quickly on candidates they are interested in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Between 3.5 and 3.6. Same with JD at T14. Come to think of it, I think a decent chunk was before I updated my transcript/resume. I really don't know though. Last couple months have been a blur of just camping the phone and scouring emails making sure I didn't miss anything.

Every firm so far has moved very quickly. None of the firms took more than 2 weeks to finish callbacks and no offer took more than 3 weeks (most under 2) from the first interview. I'm not expecting good news from firms that haven't responded for more than a week since the last contact though they could just be taking a while. Still, they know our timeline so I suspect they are moving very quickly on candidates they are interested in.
Yeah it seems that some of the firms are cognizant of TIP and were trying to lock people in ahead of time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 pm

What are the big 4 offering for M&A/int tax? Anyone know?

I am hearing ~(115-125)+(10-15) for NYC.

Was surprised since that’s pretty much same as last year.

Anyone hear different?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:44 am

Finally rejected by Proskauer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:36 pm

Just curious...did Mofo ever contact anyone?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”