Gunderson SV Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Gunderson SV

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:33 am

There isn’t a lot of information on Gunderson on this form, so I wanted to start a thread for people to leave their impressions on the firm. Information on their cb processes would also be appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: Gunderson SV

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:04 pm

The people seem really great. I interviewed there for a lateral position, but I decided to go elsewhere. I was worried about the profitability of the firm (it isn’t an AmLaw firm) after the recent raises where they matched every class. That may be a dumb reason to not take an offer, but it was something that confused/concerned me.

Also, not sure if all large American-based law firms have to be on amlaw, so my concern may be completely irrelevant

RedGiant

Re: Gunderson SV

Post by RedGiant » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm

It's very venture focused. Take a look at how many women partners they have, if you're a woman and that matters to you. (The answer is surprisingly few, even for biglaw.) It's a very collegial place, and they do a ton of venture work. They have other groups, of course, but if, say, you're focused on public company work, there are probably better shops in the Valley for that. Good luck.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”