Colorado State Public Defender

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Colorado State Public Defender

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:48 pm

That link seems to be broken.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 am

Anyone else *still* waiting on placement? I'm getting nervous, did I somehow miss an email despite haunting my inbox daily? Am I going to get un-hired? Lol this is your brain on d̶r̶u̶g̶s̶ bar prep

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 am

Yep! Still waiting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 am

I contacted the recruiting coordinator at the end of May and I was told it could be a few months, since the hiring is based off either attrition or new FT positions. They did tell me that if we’re finding out later in the process, we can expect about a month’s notice. I’m preparing for the worst and planning on finding a temp job through December or so.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I contacted the recruiting coordinator at the end of May and I was told it could be a few months, since the hiring is based off either attrition or new FT positions. They did tell me that if we’re finding out later in the process, we can expect about a month’s notice. I’m preparing for the worst and planning on finding a temp job through December or so.

When did you say you could start? I’m trying to determine what is considered “later in the process.” I told them I could start in August, so I thought I’d have my placement by now, but everyone I’ve talked to who said they could start in August is still waiting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I contacted the recruiting coordinator at the end of May and I was told it could be a few months, since the hiring is based off either attrition or new FT positions. They did tell me that if we’re finding out later in the process, we can expect about a month’s notice. I’m preparing for the worst and planning on finding a temp job through December or so.

When did you say you could start? I’m trying to determine what is considered “later in the process.” I told them I could start in August, so I thought I’d have my placement by now, but everyone I’ve talked to who said they could start in August is still waiting.

I gave them an early August start date.

wickedprickle

New

Postby wickedprickle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:26 pm

I gave them a September 1 start date, so I imagine that's why I'm still waiting. Oooh a month out is rough for finding apartments, depending on where we're placed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:14 pm

anyone hear anything new? i'm still waiting to hear anything, and i asked to start a month after the bar. doesn't sound like that's when i'll be starting though.

crownjd

New

Postby crownjd » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comments/aulh37/colorado_state_public_defenders/eqrwntx/?context=3

I hope that link works! That's what I was trying to post previously.

crownjd

New

Postby crownjd » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Interesting that some of us gave similar start dates yet we all haven't received a placement. I said I could start right after the bar exam and that's when I start. Maybe it's because of the locations and other preferences?

crownjd

New

Postby crownjd » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Is anybody doing the Professionalism Course on 8/1?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:14 pm

I got my placement! I asked to start in August.

I’m not doing the 8/1 professionalism course though, it was full when I went to check after getting my placement.

Return to “Legal Employment?