Cooley Boston Corporate Thoughts? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
NYCNorthbound

New

Cooley Boston Corporate Thoughts?

Post by NYCNorthbound » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 am

Hi guys - just wondering if people could shed some light on what the Cooley Boston office is like and what their corporate group looks like/work it does.

It seems like they've been growing pretty quickly (120 lawyers now) and have a full spectrum of corporate practice (emerging company, PE M&A and Capital markets). Do associates work on all of those areas or specialize? Do people make their hours requirements?

Thanks for any responses!

Anonymous User

Re: Cooley Boston Corporate Thoughts?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Not sure where you got 120, but the Boston office is nowhere near that (I considered a lateral position there a few months ago). I think it was around 80-85 attorneys and patent agents. The office still seemed very focused on hard IP even though it has a sizable corporate practice now.

Also, to put things into perspective, when I considered Cooley back in 2013, it was at 55ish attorneys. So I don’t think it’s been rapidly expanding. It has had steady growth.

My friend worked there for a couple years and he said that maybe half to 2/3 of the associates hit hours. Not sure what the breakdown is by practice. He was corporate and he hit hours.

NYCNorthbound

New

Re: Cooley Boston Corporate Thoughts?

Post by NYCNorthbound » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Thanks for the reply. Interested if you ended up lateraling and where you chose. Feel free to PM

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”