Latham & Watkins Diversity Leadership Academy Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latham & Watkins Diversity Leadership Academy

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Does anyone know about this program? It's the last weekend of March in San Francisco. I've been invited to attend but I'm not sure if it's worth going to (and possibly missing a day of class). Fortunately, the firm will cover all costs.

Shining Bacon

New

Re: Latham & Watkins Diversity Leadership Academy

Post by Shining Bacon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:06 pm

I was at it last year, it's a pretty fun weekend. You get a chance to meet students from other schools, partners and recruiters will be there, and you combine with their 3rd year academy on the second day so there will be plenty of networking opportunities. They bring in interesting speakers (last year had Bryan Stevenson), rent out some restaurants, and send you on tours of SF. If nothing else it's good to say you were there if you plan on interviewing with them at OCI this summer.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham & Watkins Diversity Leadership Academy

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 pm

I got a job out of going to stuff like this. It's worth missing a day of class.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”