GT Miami? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

GT Miami?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Does anyone know if GT has matched Holland & Knight? I find it very strange and surprising that the “top” Miami firm is now paying $15k less than its top competitor. I’m considering a move to GT but I’m curious if they’ve raised their scale.

Anonymous User

Re: GT Miami?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 am

They have not matched and it does not seem like there are any plans to do so. I am a current associate here and will leave at first opportunity, if something comes up that pays more.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:38 am

OP here:

That’s kind of absurd considering it’s considered better than HK. I guess GT will have a mass associate exodus in a few months given that HK on top of all of the NY market firms pay more now. That’s unfortunate because I liked the people I met there

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP here:

That’s kind of absurd considering it’s considered better than HK. I guess GT will have a mass associate exodus in a few months given that HK on top of all of the NY market firms pay more now. That’s unfortunate because I liked the people I met there
Original Anon. Its a good firm, but they are cheap.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Is it true that senior associate all-in comp caps at about 250? Are there significant exceptions?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”