Lateral application timing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral application timing

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Should I wait until early January to apply to jobs or do you think it’s fine to send apps now? I’m just afraid that with the holidays next week, it might not be the best time to send one in. I don’t have a particular reason for sending it now versus 3 weeks from now; just have some downtime currently.

Any advice is great, especially if you have experience sending apps around this time.

This is NOT via a recruiter or employee referral. This is just for the firms I don’t have real ties.

Anonymous User

Re: Lateral application timing

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Apply now.

objctnyrhnr

Re: Lateral application timing

Post by objctnyrhnr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 am

Now is TCR. Many more people will be looking to lateral after they get their bonuses. Therefore if you can find a firm that’s desperate enough that it needs to hire an associate before that time, you will find less competition.

Good luck.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”