Office Upgrades Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hlss09

New

Office Upgrades

Post by hlss09 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:43 pm

What have you all done to "upgrade" your office? I got my own giant monitor (which has been amazing) and a plant. Any other cool designs/upgrades?

Yardbird

Silver

Re: Office Upgrades

Post by Yardbird » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 am

I hung up records on the wall and have a record player / Bluetooth speaker. I also replaced the firm provided pen holders /etc. with cheap but better looking distressed wood versions. Gives the office space a nice homey vibe.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:24 pm

1. Pictures on the walls (mostly pics of athletes)
2. Custom golf tour bag that I got as a gift with my previous set of clubs in it
3. Some cool book ends from Amazon
4. Porsche 911 and Bugatti Chiron legos

Anon cause this would clearly out me if you work with me haha.

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:17 pm

IMO every practicing lawyer should own a mechanical keyboard. This profession requires so much typing, and mechanical keyboards make typing such a pleasurable experience.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:27 pm

My own keyboard and mouse. This is probably the best purchase because these are used pretty much all day. Gget something that you are comfortable with, I personally hate the standard-issue Dell hardware. I would second the person about the monitor as well, but I can’t do that on government systems. To get around that I use my Surface Pro a lot when researching (better quality screen to read on and easier on the eyes).

Swag from my military career prior to becoming a lawyer (now work as a DoD Civilian attorney so this is relevant).

A couple of plants to freshen up the office air and add some color.

If this is somewhere you are going to be for a while, make sure you get a nice, comfortable chair and a standing desk. My office came with both and this is so important for your health and well-being.

Also as others have said, my own writing instruments and holders. Hate the cheap crap that is usually provided and I would rather be comfortable since I handwrite all my notes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”