Do Employers Care About P/F Beyond Graduation Employment Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do Employers Care About P/F Beyond Graduation Employment

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:41 pm

I have a job secured for graduation, and am currently deciding whether to take a class Pass or Fail.

I have an interest in working in the field of the particular class, so I was wondering if I switch firms a couple years after graduation if the P/F would hurt me if it's in a practice group I am trying to switch into. I have zero interest in clerkships.

Anonymous User

Re: Do Employers Care About P/F Beyond Graduation Employment

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Extremely low probability that anyone will care. What will be more important, however, is your couple years of work experience and how you can frame it as relevant to this new practice group at this new firm. No one cares about a singular law class a couple years out.

QContinuum

Re: Do Employers Care About P/F Beyond Graduation Employment

Post by QContinuum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 pm

I can't imagine anyone caring about your taking a single class P/F, especially not by the time you lateral several years out. Take the class P/F.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”