Mid- law firm post interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mid- law firm post interview

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:21 am

Hello- A mid law firm called me in for an interview. I thought the interview went ok for the most part until at the end when they asked for me to send them a writing sample and a transcript. Let just say I’m mostly embarrassed with the grades I received in law school. He did say both of these items don’t carry much weight but they want to see these items regardless.

Should I be worried this will cause my rejection?

I am hoping my 3-4 years of experience will take precedence over my grades.

Thank you...
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver

Re: Mid law firm

Post by 2013 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:39 am

In my experience, a transcript is needed by HR to verify you actually graduated from law school, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it 3-4 years out.
Last edited by QContinuum on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In my experience, a transcript is needed by HR to verify you actually graduated from law school, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it 3-4 years out.
Ok, thanks for the response. Hopefully they just want to verify that I graduated law school...

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:35 pm

2013 wrote:In my experience, a transcript is needed by HR to verify you actually graduated from law school, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it 3-4 years out.
Agree with the above. I think it's a good sign that they asked you for a transcript & writing sample - if you'd blown the interview, they'd likely just reject you without bothering to collect those materials.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:33 pm

QContinuum wrote:
2013 wrote:In my experience, a transcript is needed by HR to verify you actually graduated from law school, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it 3-4 years out.
Agree with the above. I think it's a good sign that they asked you for a transcript & writing sample - if you'd blown the interview, they'd likely just reject you without bothering to collect those materials.
Ok thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”